100 yard 5-shot challenge / database

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot this five shot group two weeks ago at banner range also. Rifle is a Winchester mdl 70 varmint with a timmney set at 10 oz. scope leupold fixed 12-50. 50gn nosler ballistic tip nosler brass fed 205 gm match primer with a stout charge of w748. Shot using Caldwell bipod and a sand sock. First shot cold bore.

Niiiiice!!! What caliber?

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm just glad I finally have a rifle capable if producing something worthy of this thread. The cards underneath that one were my initial sight in groups. Sighted in with cheap 55gr fmj and was getting around 2moa. I was worried until I switched to quality ammo. It's really amazing what a difference that makes. I'll be loading my own next time and hopefully I can shrink it a bit more. Although its going to be a challenge. Should be fun too.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's my entry.

Remington 700 in 300 Winchester Magnum. Calibrated loads of 62gr H4350, 180gr Sierra Game King loaded in Remington brass and WLR primer. no filler. from a bench using pack as rest.

.62 group size, .59MOA had to shoot at a steel backer so there's lots of paper tearing, but the holes in the steel are what is measured.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom