10mm opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Yep, and you can't reload the dad burn things. Blazer must sell boatloads of aluminum ammo since I see it all over the ground at the range.

If you are using the factory barrel, you might not be able to reload (very much) them even if they were brass...

My first attempt at sizing some. I concluded that I was sizing too low, but my technique has always been to size a case as much as the die will let me. That doesn't work with the loose chamber in a Glock barrel. I even tried running them through a pass through die ahead of time and sizing them with similar results. From now on I'm running them through the pass through die (they will barely fit the chamber gauge after this) and then sizing only the area where the bullet is seated for case bullet tension. I can't wait for the Storm Lake barrel I ordered to arrive so I can test some more...

[Broken External Image]

Thanks,

Alan

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alank2 said:
Hi,

If you are using the factory barrel, you might not be able to reload (very much) them even if they were brass...

My first attempt at sizing some. I concluded that I was sizing too low, but my technique has always been to size a case as much as the die will let me. That doesn't work with the loose chamber in a Glock barrel. I even tried running them through a pass through die ahead of time and sizing them with similar results. From now on I'm running them through the pass through die (they will barely fit the chamber gauge after this) and then sizing only the area where the bullet is seated for case bullet tension. I can't wait for the Storm Lake barrel I ordered to arrive so I can test some more...

Thanks,

Alan

Alan, I'm going aftermarket barrel for sure. Just haven't figured out which one yet. Leaning heavily toward the Lone Wolf full length (for their long slide conversion) with the threads for the compensator. Gun Blast did some chrono tests with that setup and found it to be very favorable. Plus that way I can run any type of bullet and the brass won't get "Glocked". I might run the long barrel for a bit in the stock slide until I get the long slide so it might be plenty goofy-looking.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kpk said:
Just won an auction on Gunbroker for a 29sf, also have a ported lone wolf barrel that should be a fun shooters....

I've seriously considered the G29 a few times. Looks like a fun one but I doubt I'd carry it much so it's tough to justify. Sure like the idea of one though!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Wow, that really does a number on the brass!

Found a pic of what the full length barrel and compensator would look like in the stock length slide. Different caliber, however.

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_Picture_00169.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom