$1200 to spend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I wanted a mid-length, I would go for a BCM. If I wanted a carbine length or had no preference, I would go for a Colt. If I got the Colt I would buy it somewhere other than Wal-Mart.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned BCM, Spikes, DD, KAC, LWRC and Noveske. To be honest, I haven't seen any real difference between any of these manufacturers, except price (and the piston system of the LWRC of course). Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I try to find the best deals on parts made by the above manufacturers and build my own. Usually making a mutt that works like a champ. My last build was made of the following:

DD barrel
Noveske NSR rail
Spikes upper receiver
Spikes BCG
BCM charging handle

all on an LWRC lower. HAHA. Runs like a top and I would put it up against any factory rifle.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally for $1200 I'd go BCM. Honestly there's tons of quality choices in that price range. No offense to RRA but you can go to PSA's home page right now and build and equivalent or better carbine for $550-$700 depending on options. On AIM you could get a Spikes upper and lower for $860. Like I said lots of choices.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would build one rather than buy a box one. Your Money will go father and you can have it more tailored to your needs. Your reasoning sounds alot like buying a Ferrari that is designed and priced to drive on the autobahn and then driving it on Oklahoma highways buy what you need for the reasons you need it for, don't just spend the money to be spending it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom