$150,000 for a Ford?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it will last much longer, the banks will get tired of getting repo's with blown diesel engines that they will quit loaning on them. I've been seeing 2010 F-250s with 250k on them and guys wanting 20 grand. Any banker that would loan more than 5-6 grand on one of those needs to fired immediately.

It will take a year or to at least the end of the year at the earliest, to right itself, and I'm being optimistic.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can tell you right now that if your car or especially your SUV is totaled right now, you're gonna be in a bit of a fight with your insurance company. Granted I usually deal with claims on heavier equipment but the problem is the same. Mind your policies boys..... because your insurance carrier will try to fawk you right now on used vehicle pricing replacement.
Yep.
Last time we had a disagreement with an insurance company, I simply refused to sign off on closing the claim. I wasn’t desperate for money and wasn’t going to accept a screwing. As the claim got older and older, they got antsy before I did. :)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will take a year or to at least the end of the year at the earliest, to right itself, and I'm being optimistic.
I've been waiting for truck prices to become realistic since 2013. That's when I bought a new truck because it wasn't that much more expensive than trucks with 150K miles on the clock...

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they took a pickup, put a too short bed on it to carry anything, then put more stuff in and on it so you really can't carry anything. And they want 150K for it?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if labelling a price with a "market adjustment" as MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is fraudulent. I don't think these "market adjustments" are coming from the manufacturers or are they?

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my son was looking for a new suv and couldn't find anything local, he went to the Dallas area and found their dealer pricing also included a market adjustment up charge. That was the first time I'd heard of it. He ended up buying a used vehicle.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if labelling a price with a "market adjustment" as MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is fraudulent. I don't think these "market adjustments" are coming from the manufacturers or are they?
The “market adjustments” are not coming from the manufacturers, but I don’t see anyone labeling a “market adjustment” as MSRP. As seen above, the “market adjustment” is normally listed as a separate line item, so I don’t see how that could be considered fraudulent.

FWIW, Ford (and other manufacturers) is trying to do something about this, but the state laws are very heavily weighted in favor of the dealerships.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So they took a pickup, put a too short bed on it to carry anything, then put more stuff in and on it so you really can't carry anything. And they want 150K for it?
Not for everyone, more off road capable then any new vehicle out there. Bed is relatively useless, but racers and well to do don't care!

Latest posts

Top Bottom