$150,000 for a Ford?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GM has been very vocal about dealers charging ADM and NOT to do it, or GM would start withholding future allocations. Ford not so much unfortunately.......

Ford has been, especially on their own specialty vehicles like the GT, hence the John Cena lawsuit. He couldnt sell it for 2 years, but sold it for like 3-4x's what he paid for it. If you notice, a lot of these vehicles being posted up are SCA (Southern Comfort Auto), Shelby etc, so these were purchased by 3rd party upfitters, so they dont fall under Ford's guidelines. If you look at most new trucks on lots, they are highly modified trucks. The Ford dealers lots are stocked with almost exclusively 3rd party built trucks. I know of one Ford dealer who got their last 2 2022 allocated trucks delivered last month. No further unsold vehicles until the 23's come out and they dont know what the allotment will be.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually raced raptor's suspensions in the Baha 500 and won several years, plus the Shelby version is even stronger, interesting no Dodge and Chevy has had very few wins (paging GMC too)... If you are referring to frame breaks that is a replaceable part designed to take stress off the entire frame, haven't heard of it breaking on a street legal Raptor. Official Overall Finish Results – SCORE Race Info
LOL. Okay
https://www.raptorforumz.com/search/63961/?q=bent+frame&o=relevance

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They must have just started it, because bronco folks are getting screwed out of broncos they've waited on for two years or pony up the extra ADM money.
I think it was first announced back in February. The problem is that Ford, GM, et al, don’t have a lot of leverage over the dealers. Cutting allotments is about the only thing they can do.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They must have just started it, because bronco folks are getting screwed out of broncos they've waited on for two years or pony up the extra ADM money.

Ford said they'd do it on the Lightnings..... dunno why they were particular.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ford said they'd do it on the Lightnings..... dunno why they were particular.
I didn’t listen to the earnings call where Jim Farley announced it, but I gather that he was just using cutting Lightning allocations as an example, not the only vehicle affected.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ford has been, especially on their own specialty vehicles like the GT, hence the John Cena lawsuit. He couldnt sell it for 2 years, but sold it for like 3-4x's what he paid for it. If you notice, a lot of these vehicles being posted up are SCA (Southern Comfort Auto), Shelby etc, so these were purchased by 3rd party upfitters, so they dont fall under Ford's guidelines. If you look at most new trucks on lots, they are highly modified trucks. The Ford dealers lots are stocked with almost exclusively 3rd party built trucks. I know of one Ford dealer who got their last 2 2022 allocated trucks delivered last month. No further unsold vehicles until the 23's come out and they dont know what the allotment will be.
Yes those are low production vehicles though correct? The Bronco is not lol.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes those are low production vehicles though correct? The Bronco is not lol.

Typically the specialty vehicles are the highest demand and the most desirable for vehicles dealers to have on the lot. Generates foot traffic, goes to the larger volume dealers, etc, so it all trickles down from there. Hurt a big dealer and the smaller dealers fall in line. The Bronco was not intended to be a low production vehicle, but between chip shortages, the 6 month production halt, issues with the removable top halting vehicle shipments, etc and it became a low production vehicle. Also, in the past, new production high demand vehicles, like the Bronco, or in GM's case the Blazer, yes the NBS Blazer, have had market adjustments. We bought my wife's Volvo in 2019. We looked at all the mid-size SUV's. Landers wouldnt sell below sticker, and in some cases above sticker, on the new Blazer. They had none on the lot, and wanted a deposit for a vehicle we couldn't see or test drive. in 2014 when looking for my wife's sedan, Hyundai was doing the same thing. There newer higher end packaged cars were selling for more than sticker because of the demand, ie market adjustment.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother saw this one on FB.
View attachment 262234
I don't know how people can afford these prices, vehicles, houses, and everything else! In my local news paper, the Tulsa World, they re-print a tidbit from Will Rogers syndicated column back in the 20's, and 30's. Today's was " I hear the government is going to lower the income tax, people don't make enough to pay it! I hope everyone that didn't vote for President Trump, ENJOYS WHAT THEY FAILED TO VOTE AGAINST!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Replaceable part. Actually had 6 failures in the 2019 Baha Race, all of them raced the next day after completing, others where out of the race (weren't Ford.) They kept that as a production feature. Yes, expensive to fix, but if your racing and/or spending 70K + on a racing truck you shouldn't care. However before they sold this generation Raptor the most asked for feature was headlight wipers, a good sign it is a misunderstood market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom