$150,000 for a Ford?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be more concerned with everyday pickups and used vehicle prices. Even during a non-shortage economy these beasts were expensive (Shelby and Lariat F150's, F250's and up)

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if labelling a price with a "market adjustment" as MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is fraudulent. I don't think these "market adjustments" are coming from the manufacturers or are they?

Mfr's are against the market adjustment. Makes them look bad, when the dealer is the one controlling the pricing. A customer is likely to look or move to another brand based on a dealers ****** business dealings.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/gm-warns-dealerships-play-fair-with-prices/

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dealerships are working against ford policies. With "allotments" (only allowed a certain number of vehicles) they can charge more and add a "dealership price adjustment." Was thinking of selling my 2019 and upgrading, however not any more. My wife has a 2017 which we could get more than we paid for it new (same with my car). Problem is new car pricing is out of site, and forget about financing, the best rate I have seen for any vehicle is 2.65%. Also newer cars 2022 and beyond will have software and other "enhancements" that determine if you are driving tired or possibly drunk. Even a few years from now you may your computer not allowing you to go faster than the speed limit.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not for everyone, more off road capable then any new vehicle out there. Bed is relatively useless, but racers and well to do don't care!
Might be more capable but that thing will fold up faster than a taco on Tuesday if you try anything more than driving down a dirt road. Good thing those people have money, the repairs will be expensive.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if labelling a price with a "market adjustment" as MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is fraudulent. I don't think these "market adjustments" are coming from the manufacturers or are they?
No. The market adjustment goes entirely into the dealers pocket. It is added by the dealer, not the manufacturer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
GM has been very vocal about dealers charging ADM and NOT to do it, or GM would start withholding future allocations. Ford not so much unfortunately.......

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be more capable but that thing will fold up faster than a taco on Tuesday if you try anything more than driving down a dirt road. Good thing those people have money, the repairs will be expensive.
Actually raced raptor's suspensions in the Baha 500 and won several years, plus the Shelby version is even stronger, interesting no Dodge and Chevy has had very few wins (paging GMC too)... If you are referring to frame breaks that is a replaceable part designed to take stress off the entire frame, haven't heard of it breaking on a street legal Raptor. Official Overall Finish Results – SCORE Race Info

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually raced raptor's suspensions in the Baha 500 and won several years, plus the Shelby version is even stronger, interesting no Dodge and Chevy has had very few wins (paging GMC too)... If you are referring to frame breaks that is a replaceable part designed to take stress off the entire frame, haven't heard of it breaking on a street legal Raptor. Official Overall Finish Results – SCORE Race Info
You?

Latest posts

Top Bottom