1911 disassembly "block"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently bought a used 1911 and wanted to give it a good cleaning a lube job. Been awhile since I took one apart and when trying to do so discovered that my old stiff fingers make it very hard to hold the slide open in the right spot to remove the pin.

Got to thinking that there may be a block or other device, that can be placed in the open slide that will hold the slide open in the right place.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea on the block but my wife figured out she could put the muzzle end of the slide on a table edge and push down to the right spot to remove the pin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That problem is solved, but it raised a question concerning other types of pistols that have no bushing and must be held partially open to remove the pin such as my S&W Mod 59, should I just make a block of the correct size?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That problem is solved, but it raised a question concerning other types of pistols that have no bushing and must be held partially open to remove the pin such as my S&W Mod 59, should I just make a block of the correct size?

any pistol you can't take apart just give 'em to me,i don't want you hurting your hands

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have watched a lot on youtube on disassembly of pistols,etc. Some good info.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On your 1911 and other pistols you have to hold partially open to disassemble... Grip the pistol like you're going to fire it, now rotate your fingers to the top of the slide...leaving your thumb on the grip safety. Now squeeze your grip. You'll notice the slide will retract back to the disassemble notch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom