1911 VS Glock - final showdown! Which one will keep shooting longer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one will shoot longer out of the box?

• Glock

Votes: 58 70.7%

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They go boom.... just not like glocks go boom.

glock02-jpg.7888

www.pirate4x4.com_forum_attachments_outdoor_sports_recreation_bf14aabc8001b10fa1fc8231a5511749.jpg

i221.photobucket.com_albums_dd2_lalakoon_IMAG0103.jpg
If you're going to compare.....

They can all do this, not really anything strictly appointed to one type of gun. Both are fantastic guns with an excellent history and both with some lemons. They both have their place and use.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423187568196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423187568196.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 164
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423187575224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423187575224.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 329
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423187593785.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423187593785.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 184
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423187605180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423187605180.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 164

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're going to compare.....

They can all do this, not really anything strictly appointed to one type of gun.....

Well that's not exactly true.... they can all do this with errors with bad loads..... but glocks seem to have issues with factory ammo too.... Glock hides their errors with "upgrades" but their case support in their barrels increased over time and still isn't as good as others.

frankbaumer.com_Heartland_20Pictures_More_Pics_Glock_2ndG23_vs_3rd.jpg

i186.photobucket.com_albums_x187_SargeMO_CaseSupport2_1.jpg

i51.tinypic.com_beyhyu.jpg

www.wingman26.com_images_shooting_glocktospringfieldxdsmall.jpg

i178.photobucket.com_albums_w260_lugerman_album_chamber.jpg

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that's not exactly true.... they can all do this with errors with bad loads..... but glocks seem to have issues with factory ammo too.... Glock hides their errors with "upgrades" but their case support in their barrels increased over time and still isn't as good as others.

frankbaumer.com_Heartland_20Pictures_More_Pics_Glock_2ndG23_vs_3rd.jpg

i186.photobucket.com_albums_x187_SargeMO_CaseSupport2_1.jpg

i51.tinypic.com_beyhyu.jpg

www.wingman26.com_images_shooting_glocktospringfieldxdsmall.jpg

i178.photobucket.com_albums_w260_lugerman_album_chamber.jpg
I don't claim to know all about glock or other pistols for that matter, however I can only attest to the glock 23 and 22 that I have owned about put over 1,000 rounds through each and neither had a hiccup much less explosion. I am sure it there in the land of the Internet there are 1911 pistols that have had similar incidents with factory ammo. Anything made by man is designed to fail because we are not perfect beings.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy that every mfg compares themselves to Glock. And every thread about different mfg of pistols on boards all over the internet will be comparing other brand pistols to a Glock. That in and of itself is proof enough to me. I am biased. Very biased. LOL! It is comical to me that is what happens time and time again.

It is like going to Walmart and walking up and down the isles, with product after product setting right next to the original products with labels on the off products stating "compare to?" As good as "?" LOL!

Shoot and enjoy what you like to shoot, it is your money your spending. That is the bottom line.

I shoot Glock's.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy that every mfg compares themselves to Glock. And every thread about different mfg of pistols on boards all over the internet will be comparing other brand pistols to a Glock. That in and of itself is proof enough to me. I am biased. Very biased. LOL! It is comical to me that is what happens time and time again.

It is like going to Walmart and walking up and down the isles, with product after product setting right next to the original products with labels on the off products stating "compare to?" As good as "?" LOL!

Shoot and enjoy what you like to shoot, it is your money your spending. That is the bottom line.

I shoot Glock's.

I don't see how anyone could believe ALL the companies out there compare themselves to Glock but that's just me. Now granted it's obvious SOME platforms took some ideas from glock and expanded on them, but Ruger, Sig, Springfield etc are much different and much better gun companies as a whole. Most of the signature platforms of said companies if anything market towards what Glocks obviously lack.... good trigger, ergos, halfway decent sights. So most have evolved quite a bit from anything that people believe could compare to a Glock. On top of that you're seeing little design improvements here or there within the same platforms to keep from having issues that Glock had, like WML issues.

I think companies have also looked at Glock and learned how not to progress with recalls, AKA as "upgrades" in Glock terms. You see the big boys tackle new platform issues quite differently as everyone has them, it's just a matter of how companies go about it. Most will willingly admit there's a problem and recall the gun. Glock seems to be a little better about this currently but you had to pull teeth to get them to admit something was wrong with their guns, and quietly they admitted as such with "upgraded" parts.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone could believe ALL the companies out there compare themselves to Glock but that's just me. Now granted it's obvious SOME platforms took some ideas from glock and expanded on them, but Ruger, Sig, Springfield etc are much different and much better gun companies as a whole. Most of the signature platforms of said companies if anything market towards what Glocks obviously lack.... good trigger, ergos, halfway decent sights. So most have evolved quite a bit from anything that people believe could compare to a Glock. On top of that you're seeing little design improvements here or there within the same platforms to keep from having issues that Glock had, like WML issues.

I think companies have also looked at Glock and learned how not to progress with recalls, AKA as "upgrades" in Glock terms. You see the big boys tackle new platform issues quite differently as everyone has them, it's just a matter of how companies go about it. Most will willingly admit there's a problem and recall the gun. Glock seems to be a little better about this currently but you had to pull teeth to get them to admit something was wrong with their guns, and quietly they admitted as such with "upgraded" parts.

Haaaaaaaaaa! You'r a bona fide "Hater" LOL!! You would argue with a fence post over this. That is funny!

Remember my last sentence above ""Shoot and enjoy what you like to shoot, it is your money your spending. That is the bottom line.""

"" I shoot Glock's.""

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haaaaaaaaaa! You'r a bona fide "Hater" LOL!! You would argue with a fence post over this. That is funny!

Remember my last sentence above ""Shoot and enjoy what you like to shoot, it is your money your spending. That is the bottom line.""

"" I shoot Glock's.""

LOL nah, "haters" don't own the guns they supposedly hate. I just like to piss in fanboy koolaid.....

Cheers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom