$20 Sam’s club membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nope. My membership expired in 2019. So I felt safe using the email I usually use for online accounts. That was a mistake. The system instantly recognized me and shifted into "Renewal" mode for a minimum price of $50.00.
No apparent way to get back to the new member offer and try a different address. Even after clearing that tab, any attempt to use the posted link now takes me to the renewal page.

Make sure you are logged out from Sam's, clear cache & cookies, try again.

Offer expires Jul 7.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nope. My membership expired in 2019. So I felt safe using the email I usually use for online accounts. That was a mistake. The system instantly recognized me and shifted into "Renewal" mode for a minimum price of $50.00.
No apparent way to get back to the new member offer and try a different address. Even after clearing that tab, any attempt to use the posted link now takes me to the renewal page.
That blows. And that’s not what the offer terms say. Not surprised one bit these days. :nolike:

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That blows. And that’s not what the offer terms say. Not surprised one bit these days. :nolike:
You're right. The fine print clearly specifies six months without an active membership. Annoying that it doesn't work that way in practice.
Anyhow, I borrowed a phone from a friend who isn't a member and has no intention of becoming one. I entered all my information the same as before, except for email, and it worked! Based on past experience, I don't see myself ever getting $50.00 worth of benefit, but $20.00 for access to a few items that are difficult to find elsewhere seems worthwhile.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My argument has always been that saving about five percent on Sams purchases (over other stores) - and that IS roughly what their savings amount to - requires you to spend $1,000 [not including sales taxes] just to break even, and only THEN will you start to actually save money on any purchases thereafter.
Personally, I do not (would not) spend that much. Which - in my circumstances - equates to a scam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom