2011 Deer cam pics..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sdane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it seems like I might just have a chance at bagging a shooter buck this year. These pics are from my deer lease we have over 10,000 acres that is shared amongst friends. We have alot more photos but these are some of our best.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a chance to get out this weekend. Saturday I filled a feeder or two and set up a camera. Sunday I put up a couple stands and swapped out memory cards in the cam just in case I caputured a shot of Bigfoot or something else really cool. I passed on shooting this fellow last year when his rack a bit shorter than this year. I'll probably pull the trigger on him if I get a chance this year.

[Broken External Image]

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got a ton of racoons I need to get rid of! They are tearing up the feeders trying to get at the corn. Guess I'll need to pull some all nighters.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of videos, the deer that is on them I seen last year a few times. I moved into my house the opening weekend of rifle season last year and did not have a camera till Christmas. So I only seen the buck in question a handful of times and I never got great pictures of him. The few I did get I knew something wasn't right. I never got a shot with my bow in the month and a half I lived there in season. In April he still had this weird growth so I figured it was permanent. Now this past week I put my camera back out and started feeding again. He is back and bigger than ever. I figured out the video setting so I got a few videos 2 nights ago. Here they are and let me know what you guys think may be the cause and what to do about him.

[video=youtube_share;AgoRR4H9JNM]http://youtu.be/AgoRR4H9JNM[/url][/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I am not sure why when I upload my videos to youtube or facebook they always turn out different than what they are on my computer. Facebook is really bad about messing with the quality.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chase, Either he damages his antler growth early on or he has something genetic going on. I would take him down this year if possible. On our land we have had some bucks that had a single drop tine that would come down and loop next to their eye. Haven't seen one in many years now, but they were regular on our land about 7 years ago or so.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea game plan is to stick an arrow in him real fast. I don't think he actually lost his antlers this past year. They were still on at the end of April when I took the camera down. Don't want a possible bad apple in my gene pool.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's called a cactus buck. The antler growth like that is caused by damage to the deer's balls and that screws up the hormones controlling antler growth and shedding. Its very unlikely he's able to breed, so I wouldn't be too worried about him passing on anything to the next generation. I'd still take it if I had the chance, it would make an interesting European mount.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome to finally have a name for this problem. I have just looked for a few minutes and found lots of info on this. Thanks for sharing that with me. And I have considered mounting it if it turns out to look pretty cool in person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom