2015-2016 Waterfowl Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're covered up with ducks. Roads are bad. And as usual, the split starts Monday......thank you ODWC. There will be a lot of birds here the last 2 weeks of January also....season closed though......thanks ODWC. Thanks for giving us two weeks during the middle of October when there are little to no birds here. Yearly rant over, thanks for reading, I'll go away now.
Exactly.

The past three weeks have been awesome. I'm going in the morning. I'll post an update after the hunt.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Limited in 20 minutes this morning. I was by myself though. Couldn't find anybody to go with me! Plenty of birds around. I agree the split is awful. Damn season closed just about the time all the birds are showing up from South Dakota and Nebraska!

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today sucked! I can handle the cold and wet conditions as long as ducks are flying. Not a duck in the sky in Stephens county this morning.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry man... today was definitely slower than the last couple of weekends but I manged to get three. Could've got a couple more but didn't want to go over my Canvasback limit. I was hunting a few miles South of Weatherford.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunted this evening and was not on the X for mallards, they were all hitting a hole few hundred yards away. Had a hundred or so wood ducks come piling in while picking up deeks, could have batted a few with my shotgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom