2022 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neither my daughter or I drew out for elk or deer. Her antelope says “not selected,” but my antelope still says, “eligible.” Not sure what I should take from that.
My antelope option still shows “eligible.” Not real sure what’s going on but it does not give me warm fuzzies about how their system operates.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not to pour salt in your wound, but the first year a started putting in for controlled hunts, I drew a bull tag at Pushmataha. This was 21 years ago. Got a nice 9x7.

I used to put in for that one too. I suppose Jack Waymire told you which tree to stand by and what time that bull would walk by???? :) :) :)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
My antelope option still shows “eligible.” Not real sure what’s going on but it does not give me warm fuzzies about how their system operates.
Seems that there's lots of folks who show "eligible" on either elk or antelope. Here's one response on FB....

"I called because I got same message. They told me it’s supposed to say ineligible. You can only have one elk hunt for lifetime in Oklahoma. I thought I could apply to other areas since I’d only done wichita mtns"

ruckerduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to put in for that one too. I suppose Jack Waymire told you which tree to stand by and what time that bull would walk by???? :) :) :)
Haha! You obviously know Jack! He said ,"I've never had anyone not get a bull and you won't be the first." It was more like a country club hunt. Drove around in his truck. Spotted 2 bulls. Stalked about 1/2 mile. Shot the biggest. He called his helper who brought down the backhoe. Loaded it up in his truck. Took it to the office. Strung it up with backhoe. Boned out the meat and put it in the Department's chest freezers. Came back the next day to pick up frozen meat.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Haha! You obviously know Jack! He said ,"I've never had anyone not get a bull and you won't be the first." It was more like a country club hunt. Drove around in his truck. Spotted 2 bulls. Stalked about 1/2 mile. Shot the biggest. He called his helper who brought down the backhoe. Loaded it up in his truck. Took it to the office. Strung it up with backhoe. Boned out the meat and put it in the Department's chest freezers. Came back the next day to pick up frozen meat.
I've taken a couple of kids on youth turkey hunts there and Jack was a great guy and 100% there to help everyone be successful if at all possible. I can't remember how many kids were on the hunts but he had an area with birds for every kid if they wanted his help, or they were free to venture on their own. We took his advice and were on birds every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom