2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went back to the place I shot my muzz buck to see if lightning would strike twice. Saw 5 does at last light. As much as I’d like a doe, I don’t see the numbers to support much of a doe harvest this year. And I can think of easier ways to piss myself off than shooting a doe at dusk on a Sunday in 17 degree weather. It’s not often I get to deer hunt in a pretty serious snow storm or it’s aftermath and that was a lot of fun. Saturday evening, sitting thru atleast 5” of snow accumulation, mayve been the most peaceful hunt I’ve ever had.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bucks are starting to show back up at feeders which leads me to believe the rut is winding down or at least going through a lull. I guess it could just be the cold and snow driving them in. :scratch:
I don't have feeders up where I was hunting yesterday, but I was thinking the same thing.

That "second rut" was in full swing late December up there last year, I saw big bucks chasing does with enthusiasm during the antlerless hunt.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No big bucks here. Froze in the saddle yesterday morning until I couldn't move the toes on my left foot. Kinda cool to see snow on the ground, even though I hate the cold. Back in the saddle at 2PM, and the temp was warmer but the wind was brutal. Does actually showed up where I expected at 430. Can't eat antlers.

Can summer come back now, please?
You know it has be cold for the blues to bite good.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
XF7Nydw.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom