2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have another theory on why the kills are low so far. At least off our property and adjoining land. Hes been on our cameras all year just never presented an opportunity for us to be friends!
231122163.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I 100% believe that. Several folks I've talked to have remarked on this year being "off" for them too. Most rutting action was at night for me, with only little bucks visible in daylight. It's been a rough season so far with only 1 mature buck showing up on two properties all season...
Weather has been a big one I think. Rainy or hot weekends and most folks won't go, and that's when most people go is on the weekends. Majority of the deer checked in during the entire season are 3.5yo or younger bucks so I think it has a lot to do with less people in the woods.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weather has been a big one I think. Rainy or hot weekends and most folks won't go, and that's when most people go is on the weekends. Majority of the deer checked in during the entire season are 3.5yo or younger bucks so I think it has a lot to do with less people in the woods.
Everyone usually hunts Thanksgiving morning. Usually sounds like a war zone. I bet I haven’t heard 5 shots all morning.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Okie4570 without a doubt. I've hunted every day since the 8th and the weather has moved most deer activity nocturnal (along with the dogs earlier in my time off). Even camera activity has seemed low. I usually have 3-4 mature bucks on camera this time of year. This year is a goose egg. Nothing over 3.5. Guess I'll wait it out until the second cycle of does...

I've heard very few shots this year. Opening morning i heard 4 shots, i think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom