22-243 middlesworth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this caliber ? I'm seriously considering building one of these. I went prarie dog shooting in se Wyoming last year with some friends and one of them had built one of these on a savage reciver and was suprised with the results range of .220 swift and possibly flatter shooting I've been toying with building one on a rem 700 chambers in 7mm-08 that I never shoot anymore I've priced barrels and am serious leaning toward's a Kriger with a rifle basix trigger and a laminate thumb hole stock. It will primarily be used for pdogs. I can easily form cases from the .308 family since I seem to have tons of it. It's strictly a hand load caliber as it dosen't seem to have much of a following except in serious varmit and bench rest circles the dies are avalible from rcbs. I'm just curious if any osaers have any experience with it ? I'm basically sold on it would just like to hear any opinions from somebody else with practical experience with it. I've got most all of the small bore varmit rifles from a .17 fireball through a .220 swift ( my favorite ) I am just trying to find the advantages of a .22-243 over say another .22-250 or yet another .220 swift thanks for any of your thoughts. Thanks and happy shooting 7stw

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides the normal shoot to much and get the barrel hot the 22-243 is pretty flat, comes into it's own with the heavy bullets. I've know a couple of folks that have had them but never really kept one for long, the guy that helps me build my rifles has a 22-6mm (22 TTH) and with the heavy bullets it's pretty awesome! you can get velocities the 250 gets with 55gr bullets from a 75gr and some.

I doubt I would ever build one but I would never tell a sane or little off person not to build one for sure LOL Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom