.22 Gatling Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread but is anyone building one of the RG .22 caliber Gatling guns. If so how is it going? I understand they are legal as long as you aren't making it for re-sale and is for your own use.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you mean Ruger not rg.
Last I heard, was since they are not "shoulder-fired". Atf was trying to classify them and the ak ones as "Any Other Weapons"
Which meant you would have to register like a MG, suppressor, Sbr Etc.
Since I think the company making the kits went out of business.
Maybe Atf dropped it's persuit to classify them.
Saw several different models at Wanamachers last weekend.
Most were display only and said not for sale.

Years ago Qualified shooters in BA (long closed) had a really neat one that used like 6 or 8 Aks and rotated like a mini-gun.
Think of it! 8 aks with 75 rd drums firing as fast as you could turn the crank.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I am talking about RG Gatling guns, He is located in Colorado and sells drawings, material kits and completed guns, They have 10 barrels and are pretty faithful to the original Gatlings. In looking at his web page and forum it seems that quite a few people are building them. His are very similar to the Furr model that was at the big gun show that they wanted 11,500.00 for, I think his fully finished is the same price.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
from what i seen they are title 1 firearms just like a std ruger 10/22, they dont have a trigger so it does away with the one shot per trigger pull machinegun rule, i seen that 45-70 gatling gun they had there for $45,000 at wanamacher

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from what i seen they are title 1 firearms just like a std ruger 10/22, they dont have a trigger so it does away with the one shot per trigger pull machinegun rule, i seen that 45-70 gatling gun they had there for $45,000 at wanamacher

Its not the fact they dont have a trigger,... its the fact that physical force is needed for each round fired (no round wil fire without the crank being turned).

Now strap a motor to the crank housing,... different story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom