.22 Pistol Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which new .22 would you buy for general range and plinking use?

• Ruger Target MK III

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Ruger Target 22-45

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Ruger SR22

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Buckmark Camper

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • S&W 22A

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Beretta NEOS

• Sig Mosquito

• Walther P22

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • M&P .22

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I answered other because I recently purchased the GSG1911-22. But I have little experience with most of the options on the list. I have a Walthers P22 and it works great with CCI mini mags, but its a little small for me (bought it for my boys). But I would like to own a buckmark and Ruger mkII/III some day.

bottomcoon

New to the site!
Reaction score
there is no design flaws in the takedown & reassembly of the ruger mk111. just learn how to do it. with a magazine disconnect it requires having the mag in place, turn the pistol up @ insert locking piece, job done. I've owned most all makes & models of rim fire 22's including the s&w 41's & hi standard victors. I can honestly say I have fewer overall problems with the ruger's. bottomcoon

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have several .22lr pistols and revolvers, my favorite out of all is my Walther PPK/s .22lr. Easy to shoot, very accurate, easy to take down for cleaning. Couple of hundred rounds every time you go to the range, and you can play James Bond for an hour or two!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0402.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several .22lr pistols and revolvers, my favorite out of all is my Walther PPK/s .22lr. Easy to shoot, very accurate, easy to take down for cleaning. Couple of hundred rounds every time you go to the range, and you can play James Bond for an hour or two!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0402.jpg

Leighton, that is sure an ugly pistol. I'm shocked you'd even admit to owning it. Your only chance for redemption is to...is to...I know! Sell it to me and I'll tell everybody it's my youngest daughter's gun. That way, you can keep your man card. Just PM me for details and I will actually give you money for that POS and save your reputation at the same time!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Leighton, that is sure an ugly pistol. I'm shocked you'd even admit to owning it. Your only chance for redemption is to...is to...I know! Sell it to me and I'll tell everybody it's my youngest daughter's gun. That way, you can keep your man card. Just PM me for details and I will actually give you money for that POS and save your reputation at the same time!

I thought you stopped smoking that funny stuff??LOL!!!!!!

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a chiappa 1911 chambered in 22lr and its a tack driver. It loves cheap ammo and has 5000+ rounds thru it and has never jammed or misfired. saying that I also own a walther p22 and although its not quite as accurate, its a lot of fun to go plinking with. I have a 45 round drum mag for it and man its a blast... lot of ways to customize a walther.

Latest posts

Top Bottom