.22 Pistol Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which new .22 would you buy for general range and plinking use?

• Ruger Target MK III

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Ruger Target 22-45

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Ruger SR22

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Buckmark Camper

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • S&W 22A

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Beretta NEOS

• Sig Mosquito

• Walther P22

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • M&P .22

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prfer the mk II's over the III's & really like my slab side mkII. They are a pia to clean & reassemble but my 1st pistol was a mk II target std 51/2 barrel, would shoot a brick a week through it for the 1st few months, has about 20,000 rds throught it. Comes appart easy & goes together easy just need to break them in. Have the buckmark & p22 like my rugers just shoot the tar out of them the lock piece will lossen up

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 22/45 with the wood stocks. I'm waiting to get a 22/45 LITE and make it a steel gun with optic and tricked internals. It is a pain to clean but oh well. Its not that hard...

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 22/45 with the wood stocks. I'm waiting to get a 22/45 LITE and make it a steel gun with optic and tricked internals. It is a pain to clean but oh well. Its not that hard...

Convert it to a MKII bushing. You will lose the mag disconnect. Mags will be easier to remove and seat. Easier to take down also. Bushings are about $10.

If you get a chance, test fire a 22/45 LITE. I suspect it will be like holding a pistol made out of styrofoam. I once owned a TacSol aluminum upper on a 22/45 lower and thought it was too light. No hang weight.

My older TacSol
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00264.jpg

Current MKIII
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00662.jpg

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 1911 platform .22 would be schweet. The GSG/ATI/Chiappa I think are all basically the same gun.

Been shooting a Colt's ACE for 30 yrs. Great, cheap practice for my 1911. Wish I could have bought a dozen back then, cost me $189, last 1 I seen for sale was $1900 and that was before all the craziness of Baba's scare tactics.

Just bought an Olympic Arms .22, looks like the Walther pictured above. Using it for my wife to train with, she loves it. I was surprised how great it shoots. We went to the back pasture and set up a range. Daughter went and bought her 1 too. The grandkids had a ball shooting up my .22 ammo. For the price they are the bargain of the century.

Last edited:

coorsman_ok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buckmark all the way. I bought a walther to go with my suppressor and sold it a month later. Not near the accuracy of the browning. The trigger of the walther doesn't even compare to the buckmark's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom