.22 revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a Ruger SP 101 and Ruger LCR in .22. The 101 is top-notch. SSP had them for $500 not all that long ago. On the other hand, I saw one at the Durant gunshow yesterday for $725. Don't think he'll be selling that one any time soon. If I were buying one today, I'd call Tommy and see if he could find one.

I've owned multiple S&W 617's, a couple of 18-6's, a 34, a 63 and a K-22. They are all superior guns. They just cost an awful lot unless you get really lucky on a used one.

The Taurus 94's and Trackers are decent revolvers and are quite serviceable. They're just not Smiths or Rugers. A lot cheaper, though.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 617 on Saturday at H&H. They are expensive but well worth it in my opinion. Shot it at USSA on Sunday and it is my new favorite. Still want a Ruger Super 10 in stainless too.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll throw this out. I had a Taurus 992 which is the Tracker style with a 6 1/2 barrel and both .22 lr and .22 mag cylinders. I didn't fire it very much, but I had no issues with it. It would be a good utility choice. I let it go because I found something that tickled my fancy. My fancy gets tickled a lot.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 617 as soon as they came out. Yes, I'm old. I love it. Save your lawn mowing money and get one. They are expensive and I never see them for sale used for a good price. As the last Wannamacher show, there were several used ones, but again, they are HIGH. Good luck! And I do spring kits/trigger jobs on these and other Smith revolvers if anyone cares....

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few S&Ws - a 617, 17, and a 34, as well as a Ruger Single Six. My favorite, hands down, is the S&W 34 with a 4 inch barrel. Handy, great trigger, and classic styling. My next favorite is the convertible Single Six, it is a fun gun. The 17 is the most accurate, but large, and the 617 is a fun plinker, but not much more than that I think. I've never messed with the Ruger double actions, they never appealed to me much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom