.270 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soonr80

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to buy a .270 in the next month, I am leaning toward a Savage Trophy Hunter XP. I would love to hear any experiences, and/or opinions with this or any other options.

Thanks

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to buy a .270 in the next month, I am leaning toward a Savage Trophy Hunter XP. I would love to hear any experiences, and/or opinions with this or any other options.

Thanks

Every time someone buys a 270 - god kills a kitten. Think of the kittens!
www.thatcutesite.com_uploads_2010_07_two_cute_kittens.jpg

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owning a Rem700 in 270 (an ADL) with the older trigger that was bought used for $375, I can attest to their quality.
Is the Accutrigger better...probably. Is the remington just as accurate as a mid-range Savage rifle...probably. Can they be modified to a higher level...yes.
Go with want you want...but the 700 has probably the highest bang for your buck.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm allergic to cats so I don't have a lot of use for them. But that has nothing to do with what I report here. A coworker of mine has a savage in 270 and shoots weekly at Red Castles 500 meter range. No worries hitting targets consistently. I have Remington 700's in 243 & 30-06. Both are great. I just had a Savage target action built into an F class rifle by Greg Tannel in 6.5 x 55. I chose the Savage after a lot of thought about using a 700 Remington ( one of my sons has a 700 F class 6.5 x 47). Nothing had to be done to the Savage for a strong F class rifle. Greg Tannel built my sons rifle too; welding and machine work was required to make it strong. My son Remington is a 1000 yard trophy winner...the Savage has not been tested at that range yet. I would have to toss a coin between the Remington and the Savage if buying another rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom