3-gun questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know all about it. There were a few of us that didn't practice during the week because we had this match coming up. Mesa may kick our butts now. I am going out to our new range Tuesday for a bit of shooting with the infamous Trapr.

See you all later.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know all about it. There were a few of us that didn't practice during the week because we had this match coming up. Mesa may kick our butts now. I am going out to our new range Tuesday for a bit of shooting with the infamous Trapr.

See you all later.

Tell Trapr I will have my car back tomorrow and he is welcome to come take a spin if the weather is permitting.

Good luck out there! Make us proud.

98pointsix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are nuts Im looking foward to tax season being over so I can come shooting with you.

Im trying to get my gear put together and I had a couple questions.

Do most people run auto's or pumps for shotguns? I have a 590 and a saiga 12 I was wondering which one would be more on par?
On pistol do people run revolvers or is it prettymuch all autos? and do they let you run NY reloads :naughty:

Is there a minimum caliber on the rifle? can I run a 10/22 or keltec sub 2000? or is it minimum 223?

Thanks for the responses and Im looking foward to getting to shoot with you guys.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do most people run auto's or pumps for shotguns? I have a 590 and a saiga 12 I was wondering which one would be more on par?
Most of us use a semi auto shotgun. Heavy Metal Division requies you to shoot a pump shotgun. As far as your 2 choices for shotgun I would choose the one that runs most reliably and you can shoot & reload the fastest. The Saiga will put you into OPEN division if that matters to you.

On pistol do people run revolvers or is it prettymuch all autos? and do they let you run NY reloads :naughty:
I don't even know what a NY reload is so I don; think I am using them.

Is there a minimum caliber on the rifle? can I run a 10/22 or keltec sub 2000? or is it minimum 223?

The minimum caliber on the rifle is 5.45x39 which is that Russian version of the 223 that is used in the AK74. A psitol caliber rifle division might be kind of interesting.

Here is a link to the 2010 rules for the OKC Gun club 3 gun matches. OKCGC 3 Gun Rules

Hope to see you at the April match.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike Pinto,
I think I found an error in the scoring page of the 3 gun rules, One “C” and one “D” zone hit should = +.5 seconds not -.5 seconds
The minimum caliber should also be 5.45x39 not 5.54x39.

Why don't we start letting semi auto shotguns shoot in HM again?
Why don't we allow optics on rifles in HM as well.
I think both of these changes would help get more shooters involved and not hurt the competitiveness of the division.

98pointsix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks
A NewYork reload is a loaded back up I didnt figure that would be legal.
Im really wanting to trick out a S&W model 15 to compete with I just think it would be fun.
Thanks for the link to the rules that will clear up alot and I hope to be free by the time the April meet comes round but will probably be closer to May

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks
A NewYork reload is a loaded back up I didnt figure that would be legal.
Im really wanting to trick out a S&W model 15 to compete with I just think it would be fun.
Thanks for the link to the rules that will clear up alot and I hope to be free by the time the April meet comes round but will probably be closer to May

Nobody carries a loaded backup but I like the idea of it.:gun2: I think it would be faster to grab a new mag than to worry about finding a safe way to ground or reholster the empty gun.

I forgot to answer your question about the revolver. I have never seen one in a match but I definately have not seen it all. You could run your revolver and your pump in Heavy Metal. Do yo have any 30 caliber rifles?

You can run a revolver in tactical division too but the reloads will slow you down considerably. It would still be fun though!

I just googled the S&W model 15 and it doesn't meet the minimum caliber of 9x19 being a 38 Special. You may have to beg the match director to use that particular gun. Or better yet it sounds like this gives you a reason to go get a S&W 625.

If you need to borrow anything for your first match let me know. I'd be happy to help you out.

98pointsix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
38 specials are 9x29 why wont they work??
and I apprciate the offer I may need to bum a pistol Im a little fullsized light right now, maybe I can get that cleared up by April. I just cant decide what to go with I keep drifting back to a Glock 17

Latest posts

Top Bottom