3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is refreshing. I've seen your posts. I'm glad we are nowhere near in our thinking. Oh, by the way - I'm for birth control. Just wasn't aware that the "morning after pill" took effect before conception, if true. I stated that before but guess you didn't read the post or couldn't understand.
Should have known that before advocating for a ban. I generally don't support legislation against things I don't understand - I'm more than refreshed not to think like that. A dude you don't like on the internet had to tell you the facts about what you wanted banned? Want me to check your ballots too? What don't you know about abortion, which you also want banned?

Rambling, self-aggrandizing nonsense. But I'll be the liberal bad guy. Happily.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have any compassion at all, you would agree that a life aborted is better than a life of fear and misery. Honestly, we treat animals more humanely than we treat humans.

I understand what you're saying and figure you have a really good reason for your stance. I still can't imagine that killing a million people before they have a chance to live is justified to save even a hundred thousand terrible instances of cruelty. I've got a brother I didn't know about until we were both adults, I'm really glad he was adopted and led a decent life in a loving home.

My point about the living children was not in jest either. Why is there a disconnect between the burdensome baby in a woman's stomach and the burdensome infant/child/handicapped teen/old person? The logic still is lost on me. If we are going for full on anarchy where lives mean nothing then let's get it on and quit doing it peacemeal.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and figure you have a really good reason for your stance. I still can't imagine that killing a million people before they have a chance to live is justified to save even a hundred thousand terrible instances of cruelty. I've got a brother I didn't know about until we were both adults, I'm really glad he was adopted and led a decent life in a loving home.

My point about the living children was not in jest either. Why is there a disconnect between the burdensome baby in a woman's stomach and the burdensome infant/child/handicapped teen/old person? The logic still is lost on me. If we are going for full on anarchy where lives mean nothing then let's get it on and quit doing it peacemeal.

People who want to ban abortion generally don't want tax dollars going to "welfare leeches". Generally speaking, those getting abortions don't have good careers, stable homes, good resources, and first-edition Ayn Rand books on the shelf of their den.

Banning abortion means the taxpayer and the government have to step up in a big way. Or just let them rot. Pick one.

http://www.newson6.com/story/13451881/ten-day-old-bartlesville-baby-found-dead-in-a-washing-machine

Fundamental human right. Yeah, the woman above needed that right. First trimester abortion is disgusting? Read the above. That's reality for unwanted children. Being adopted by responsible conservatives isn't.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live amongst them my friend. I know many women that have chosen abortion and I am still friends with them. I live in one of the poorest counties in Oklahoma and see exactly what you and SF4 are saying. On the other hand, I also know a bunch of folks that were adopted, gave a child up for adoption or foster. The children are happy and doing well in school. Not every child that get adopted gets abused, some do, no doubt.

http://www.aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/09/NSAP/chartbook/chartbook.cfm?id=23

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People who want to ban abortion generally don't want tax dollars going to "welfare leeches". Generally speaking, those getting abortions don't have good careers, stable homes, good resources, and first-edition Ayn Rand books on the shelf of their den.

Banning abortion means the taxpayer and the government have to step up in a big way. Or just let them rot. Pick one...

Okay. This we can definitely agree on. Those that have the means should step-up to help. Also, there are numerous churches that are willing to step-up and help.

By the way, a previous post mentioned "...a dude you don't like...". Just because we don't agree on a few things doesn't mean I wouldn't like you if we were acquaintances. I've got several friends that have differing view points.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live amongst them my friend. I know many women that have chosen abortion and I am still friends with them. I live in one of the poorest counties in Oklahoma and see exactly what you and SF4 are saying. On the other hand, I also know a bunch of folks that were adopted, gave a child up for adoption or foster. The children are happy and doing well in school. Not every child that get adopted gets abused, some do, no doubt.

http://www.aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/09/NSAP/chartbook/chartbook.cfm?id=23

No, not at all, but too many. Let's face it, there aren't half a million families per year ready to adopt, year after year.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So can we murder folks that aren't convenient yet or not? I may or may not have a list.

A list, you say?

Gilbert and Sullivan said:
(Ko-Ko: )
As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list - I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed - who never would be missed!
There's the pestilential nuisances who write for autographs -
All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs -
All children who are up in dates, and floor you with 'em flat -
All persons who in shaking hands, shake hands with you like that -
And all third persons who on spoiling tête-á-têtes insist -
They'd none of 'em be missed - they'd none of 'em be missed!

(Chorus: )
He's got 'em on the list - he's got 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed - they'll none of 'em be missed.

There's the banjo serenader, and the others of his race,
And the piano-organist - I've got him on the list!
And the people who eat peppermint and puff it in your face,
They never would be missed - they never would be missed!
Then the idiot who praises, with enthusiastic tone,
All centuries but this, and every country but his own;
And the lady from the provinces, who dresses like a guy,
And who "doesn't think she dances, but would rather like to try";
And that singular anomaly, the lady novelist -
I don't think she'd be missed - I'm sure she'd not he missed!

He's got her on the list - he's got her on the list;
And I don't think she'll be missed - I'm sure she'll not be missed!

And that Nisi Prius nuisance, who just now is rather rife,
The Judicial humorist - I've got him on the list!
All funny fellows, comic men, and clowns of private life -
They'd none of 'em be missed - they'd none of 'em be missed.
And apologetic statesmen of a compromising kind,
Such as - What d'ye call him - Thing'em-bob, and likewise - Never-mind,
And 'St- 'st- 'st- and What's-his-name, and also You-know-who -
The task of filling up the blanks I'd rather leave to you.
But it really doesn't matter whom you put upon the list,
For they'd none of 'em be missed - they'd none of 'em be missed!

You may put 'em on the list - you may put 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed - they'll none of 'em be missed!

Latest posts

Top Bottom