3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Semantics or not. Double the dose of some common daily BC pills and you have the "morning after pill".

It makes zero logical sense to support one but not the other.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life begins at conception. Yes, I follow the original sin doctrine.

If you do, then you have to concede that the United States is fundamentally a non-Christian nation, as the Constitution explicitly rejects that doctrine:

Article III, Section 3: "The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

The original sin doctrine passes the sin down from parent to child (indefinitely, in fact); the Constitution explicitly rejects that idea. Chew on that for a bit.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morning after advocates use some semantics in regard to conception. Does conception happen at fertilization or implantation? Their definition is implantation not fertilization. Not everyone agrees on that definition.

Justifying abortion by pointing out the issues with unwanted children is weak. There are unwanted old people with dimensia, etc. At what point do we justify killing them off because of the fact they are an unwanted burden that nobody knows how to deal with? If you are going to make a case for abortion, you should stick to the argument that a fetus is not a person. That is more humane than the argument that they are unwanted and should therefore be eliminated.

There are no full proof solutions to the issue of unwanted pregnancies other than personal accountability. Obviously those who are raped or victims of incest were not irresponsible and I am not speaking about them. We just have this attitude in our country now that no one should be accountable for anything from bad decisions about money, personal habits, sex, etc. I think the one thing that people on both sides of the abortion issue can agree on is that more people should be accountable/educated prior to having sex. How we make that happen is still a mystery to me but it is a major issue in our state for sure.

Interesting. I guess I would need to know the percentage of fertilizations that don't result in implantation to fully formulate an opinion.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do, then you have to concede that the United States is fundamentally a non-Christian nation, as the Constitution explicitly rejects that doctrine:

Article III, Section 3: "The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

The original sin doctrine passes the sin down from parent to child (indefinitely, in fact); the Constitution explicitly rejects that idea. Chew on that for a bit.

Original sin is forgiven through baptism. I see nothing to chew on?

Latest posts

Top Bottom