32gig or 64gig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lookin' for whether the extra $100 is worth it for the larger memory I-touch. Does anyone have an honest, experience based, opinion like, "I got a 32 but now am wishing I'd gotten the 64?"

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a 32gig itouch and 32 gig Ipone 4...I have plenty of memory left. I have like 10 movies and lots of apps... HOWEVER it really depends on how much music you have and movies and how often you use it... Extra space is always nice.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
32g iPhone here, I have 35 full length movies (formatted for iPhone/iPod @ about 200mb's ea) and 1335ish songs copied @ 128kbps I think, 84 apps (some big like guitar hero & TomTom GPS) and 180ish pics (large files from digital camera) and still have 10.5 GB leftover. Hope this helps. The amount of memory you need depends on how willing you are to shrink files (specifically movies and songs) and sacrifice a little quality. I think the ones on my iPhone are perfectly fine quality and very small files, I can watch a couple movies in a row on it without straining my eyes at all.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kim got a 16gig iPad for school as part of her VA grant, didn't like it so I ended up with it. I have a few thousand songs on my computer, but only put oh I would say my favorite 300 or so on my iPad, about 800 of my favorite pictures, and a few family videos. I have Netflix so really have no need to save movies, so for me, 16gig has been plenty. I have about 6 gig of space left. I only have 60 apps total, some, my astronomy apps, are quite large, but I still have plenty of room. Hope this helps.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a 64GB iPad. I keep very little media on it, and stream everything from my PC to it. 16GB would have been more than plenty had I known about the streaming apps that are available.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say spring for more capacity. I have 101 GB (and growing) in my iTunes library. Fortunately I can now stream it to my android phone and leave the iPod at home.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seriousely?
you guys spend way too much time and money watching movies and listening to music..remember when 256meg was more than enough...remember am-fm and watching good programing meant you would need to go on the roof and turn the antenna

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask yourself how much music and movies you have to put on it. Apps don't take all that much space, but movies usually run close to 1 GB apiece. When I had an iPhone I constantly swapped out the movies on the device, so there was usually only one or two at a time. After watching one I'd remove it and put another one on. So, music took most of the space. There are also lots of good firearms podcasts, and those take up space. 32 GB would probably be enough, but I'd definitely get the bigger one if I possibly could.

Latest posts

Top Bottom