.338 Lapua

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a quality big gun, you need to expect to spend some hard cash. I would say about $3,500 bottom dollar for a quality .338 LM.
You may want to check out a 7mm build. I still don't see how you can put a quality custom rifle together for less than $2000.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How's that coming, by the way?

Yeah - inquiring minds want to know (plus, no new kick-ass updates in the pics thread in a while).

And Bootleggn - if you want a .338LM, then get one. You can get a dad-gum Badger M2008 action for $1185, so I have to believe you can get an action from somewhere else cheaper than that particular one - and a barrel for .338 can't be more than $350 for a decent entry-grade barrel.

Get yourself a long-action B&C stock for like $200 (assuming that they fit the .338) and you're good - all you need then is a trigger, bi-pod, bottom metal, base, gun-smith installation, and you should be at like $1999 - no problem.

That's easily under $2000 :D

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How's that coming, by the way?

I've got the brass, but I'm saving up for the Surgeon. I think I've decided on the Premier Heritage 5-25x56. They are supposed to be putting a Horus H27 and H37 reticle in them. I like the GenII XR, but I'd prefer both Horus reticles. I'd buy the Gen II XR because the Horus options are an 800 dollar upgrade, ouch.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah - inquiring minds want to know (plus, no new kick-ass updates in the pics thread in a while).

And Bootleggn - if you want a .338LM, then get one. You can get a dad-gum Badger M2008 action for $1185, so I have to believe you can get an action from somewhere else cheaper than that particular one - and a barrel for .338 can't be more than $350 for a decent entry-grade barrel.

Get yourself a long-action B&C stock for like $200 (assuming that they fit the .338) and you're good - all you need then is a trigger, bi-pod, bottom metal, base, gun-smith installation, and you should be at like $1999 - no problem.

That's easily under $2000 :D

You're looking at $380 for a Broughton...shipped and that does not include any of the machine work for chamber, threads, muzzle brake, crown, fluting anyone, metal finish......
Why build a gun if you're going to use cheese parts. Might as well buy a factory gun. A quality Broughton, Krieger, Hart..... will only cost another $100-150 more than a Pac-Nor (decent) or whatever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom