4 wheeler question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1320 feet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yamaha gets my vote, have had the 300 grizzly for about 1.5 yrs and it has been great. Yamaha just makes good stuff. I have owned, I don't know how many in my 45 plus years of bike and 4 wheeler riding.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had quite a few of both, and still have several (too many, according to my wife). While a sport utility is the most fun, I don't think they are optimal for hunting situations. Many of them are 2 stroke, they are far noisier (and often smokier) than their 4-stroke counterparts. You CAN get or manufacture racks to fit sport quads (I did for my warrior), but they still lack quite a bit. Utility quads are far more "stealthy" than sport.

As far as brands..hell, that's similar to asking who makes the best gun. Try several out and see what fits your need. I have found Honda make the most bulletproof motors, but many seem to have drivetrain issues. I've had good and bad Polaris. I love the old kawasaki Bayous. That's another thing to consider if you plan on taking it hunting - if you do much riding through tight areas, the smaller ones have a HUGE advantage. A 750 may be great for pulling and on open hills, but I will guarantee you will do some cussing if you try to maneuver one in the tight Ozark hills of NE Oklahoma. I use a small Kawasaki 220 for the woods and a Polaris Ranger for more open country. I'm not saying they are the best, but they do work for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom