$500 for a deer rifle, what to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i picked up a single shot CVA optima elite stalker with a mid grade Simmons 3-9x40 with rings and mount for $305 at academy. i like it and it shoots good so it will work for me for now

Grainraiser

New to the site!
Reaction score
Your options are pretty wide with a $500 budget. A Howa, Weatherby, Savage or Remington will fit your needs well. Like someone else suggested a .270 would be perfect and ammo is easy to find. You could also putting a hurting on some hogs if you run across one. A 7mm-08 would also be a good choice. For me a .270 is a perfect whitetail round.

Reggie

Colberjs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at the Venture sight you posted,,,looks like a lot of quality in 1 package..and USA made if i read it right

I was going to get that one for my Colorado Elk trip. The only reason I didn't is that the Tikka T3 was available in stainless.

I would still like to get a Venture Predator model in a varmint round.

Uncle Bobby

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all. This is just the info I needed. Looks like lots of good options and the .270 looks like a good fit for me. I will watch OSA classifieds and find a good one based on these recommendations,

Latest posts

Top Bottom