6.5 grendel 19.5" how far will it kill!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been shooting alot of years, and have taken my share of deer and pig's. This is only my opinion, and you can take it for what its worth. Once you start trying to shoot deer past 200yds, your not hunting anymore but sniping. I don't care how big the rack, or how clear the shot, and regardless the caliber, I'll keep my shots inside the 200yd mark.

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never shot or handled the 24" but the 19.5" would be easier to carry and handle in the woods, so that's why I decided to go wit it. If it's strictly going to be a bench gun and you don't mind the extra weight, then either one would work.

does the 19.5" ballance well aiming from the shoulder? i might even neck it down to just an 18", i doubt there will be any changes in velocity or wieght between a 18-20". i tried looking up the ballistics in the 19.5-24 on Alexander Arms website, but couldnt get it to load up. also did your hunter come with a 1-8 twist or 1-9? on the FAQ it said the twist for the hunter or 19.5 " barrels would be 1-8, which is what i want, but when i looked at the hunter upper it says it comes with a 1-9. thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom