$700. for tests for Lymphoma on my companion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's how much all the medical tests the vet wants to run on my dog to see if she has Lymphoma.

Last three days Shelby has been breathing hard when she sleeps. Yesterday and last night she threw up about ten times. This morning she has really bad swelling in her back legs and one front leg. Doctor was closed so we took her to the Neel Vet Clinic. Three hour wait in the truck the came and got her. An hour later doc called and said she had swelling in all of her lymph nodes all over her body. Possibly fungal pneumonia. $700 for tests and those might not be the correct diagnosis.

They will call when the results are in.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. It's a sad time I know.
Back in the day, the vets took blood and stool samples. Gave you a envelope of powder or pills and said" let me know how its doing in 3 days"
That'll be $40 please.
Then along came pet health insurance.
"Well. We have to run all these tests and it'll be $700 or so. Do you have insurance?
Same Dr. instantly became stoopid just so they could charge more.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dog problems. About five months back we took our dog in. Cost was about eight Benjamins just to check out her allergies, get some meds and dog food. Feck they bend people over now a day’s

Latest posts

Top Bottom