$700. for tests for Lymphoma on my companion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. I hope it all works out. I just had ours at the vet a couple of weeks ago because all she would do is lay around and whimper. Didn't want to be touched. We've known for several years that she has a heart murmur, and she has had all these 'lumps' start coming up, mainly on her chest and belly. I've had her in a couple of times and had them biopsied, but they say they're 'nothing.' The wife and I have both felt like she had a mass developing in her abdomen, so we were fearing the absolute worst. I took her in and told them I wanted a complete work-up ... X-rays, blood work ... whatever. It turns out she had hurt her back somehow, probably jumping onto or off of something and landing wrong. Week's worth of anti-inflammatories and she was good to go. She is worth every penny. I hope your situation works out as well as ours did. Thinking of you, buddy!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister has had much the same with her dogs.

One chihuahua wouldn't eat and it tuned out he had bad gum disease.
The other fell off the bed and broke a bone.
she spent thousands on those dogs.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put a little chicken meat in a blender and add just enough warm water to make it a runny milkshake consistency. Kill 2 birds with one stone -- she needs some fluids in her too. Don't leave it down -- instead offer a saucer with some on it every 15-20 minutes.

Hope this helps ...
I used white rice and chicken and chicken bullion cube in water mushing it all together with a fork, She woofed it down. About a full cup. Even cleaned her crumbs. I'm happy and she's sleeping.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update
Shelby will not eat anything today, even cheese. I tried milk and chicken and chicken broth. No water either. She moves from one room to another. Goes outside and struggles to pee. She threw up some rice that wasn't even digested this afternoon. The last time she had rice was yesterday morning.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update
Shelby will not eat anything today, even cheese. I tried milk and chicken and chicken broth. No water either. She moves from one room to another. Goes outside and struggles to pee. She threw up some rice that wasn't even digested this afternoon. The last time she had rice was yesterday morning.

I am sorry to hear this. You might talk to your vet. I'll keep a good thought for her.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's always sad to lose a pet.
My sister has the graves of her dogs marked on her 4 acre property and she still grieves them some days even now.

Sorry for the loss of your pet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom