A car tire, on a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
905 miles on my car tire today and a ride in the rain and this tire is incredible. Traction, handling, ride, all better than ANY motorcycle tire I have ever run on any of the 43 motorcycles I have owned. I will NEVER run a mc tire on the back of any bike I own, but I only ride cruisers. It is funny, now that I have almost 1000 miles on this tire, the doubting Thomas's have been awefull quiet. The offer still stands. I found the sweet spot at 37 psi, and it handles incredible. Even in the rain, and in rain grooves, it handles better than any mc tire I have ever ridden. I am hooked, sold, whatever you want to call it, and the numbers of 'Darksiders' is growing like crazy. From 3 Nomad sites, at least 30% of Nomad owners are on ct's with a whopping 60% planning on swapping at next tire change. The data is out there, the testing has been done, and the proof is in the riding. Like I said, my offer still stands.

There is one video on YouTube of a guy who went to a Honda dealership who crashed due to a car tire catastrophic failure. It caused a lot of controversy because it was the first and has been the only failure of a car tire on a motorcycle. After an intense investigation, it was discovered that the tire was in fact a Dunlop SP5000 runflat, and the tire had zero air pressure for over a hundred miles before it failed. Since bike do not have tire pressure monitors, the driver had no idea his tire was flat and did not notice the tire was handling differently because he was hauling a trailer. He thought the trailer was causing the the rear end to shimmy and it turned out to be the run flat. All Darkside sites specifically state NOT to run runflat tires on bikes for this exact reason. Besides this one incident, there has not been one report of ct failure on a bike, not one. The numbers speak for themselves Car tire on a CRUISER works, and works very very well.

But don't take my word for it, if seeing is believing, come take a ride!

Oh, and just to be certain, it is on the REAR wheel, not the front!

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
905 miles on my car tire today and a ride in the rain and this tire is incredible. Traction, handling, ride, all better than ANY motorcycle tire I have ever run on any of the 43 motorcycles I have owned. I will NEVER run a mc tire on the back of any bike I own, but I only ride cruisers. It is funny, now that I have almost 1000 miles on this tire, the doubting Thomas's have been awefull quiet. The offer still stands. I found the sweet spot at 37 psi, and it handles incredible. Even in the rain, and in rain grooves, it handles better than any mc tire I have ever ridden. I am hooked, sold, whatever you want to call it, and the numbers of 'Darksiders' is growing like crazy. From 3 Nomad sites, at least 30% of Nomad owners are on ct's with a whopping 60% planning on swapping at next tire change. The data is out there, the testing has been done, and the proof is in the riding. Like I said, my offer still stands.

There is one video on YouTube of a guy who went to a Honda dealership who crashed due to a car tire catastrophic failure. It caused a lot of controversy because it was the first and has been the only failure of a car tire on a motorcycle. After an intense investigation, it was discovered that the tire was in fact a Dunlop SP5000 runflat, and the tire had zero air pressure for over a hundred miles before it failed. Since bike do not have tire pressure monitors, the driver had no idea his tire was flat and did not notice the tire was handling differently because he was hauling a trailer. He thought the trailer was causing the the rear end to shimmy and it turned out to be the run flat. All Darkside sites specifically state NOT to run runflat tires on bikes for this exact reason. Besides this one incident, there has not been one report of ct failure on a bike, not one. The numbers speak for themselves Car tire on a CRUISER works, and works very very well.

But don't take my word for it, if seeing is believing, come take a ride!

Oh, and just to be certain, it is on the REAR wheel, not the front!

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how it was handling. I also know a few other nomad owners who have made teh switch and there is a lot of talk on the kaw forum i frequent.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you own a Nomad, check it out. Good group of folks.

na, I almost got one but decided i didnt need that much power so I went with the 2009: 900 Vulcan Custom SE :hey3:

ai272.photobucket.com_albums_jj194_wizardoi_My_20bike_100_0754.jpg

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking bike Wiz

Thanks, Ive got a lot more planned for it and once I get the money im gonna put a 200 rear rim and tire and get the matching front wheel and rear pully plus several other things. It needs to be lowered about 3" in the rear and forward controls added over this winter prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom