A good LEO encounter to report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an incident today north at Perkins, at the intersection of 177&33. Ran my car off a road and into a ditch of standing water. Couldn't drive out and couldn't be pulled out. While I was waiting on a buddy in a 4x4 with a winch to some pull me out, someone called it in and two officers show up. One was a K9 officer out of Perkins and the other was an Iowa tribe officer in a truck. I did my duty and informed the Perkins officer that I was licensed and carrying. He just said OK and carried on. The tribal officer just asked if it was in the car to which I replied it was on my hip. He looked at my bulge and continued. Well I got pulled out and the LEOs left.

I just want to report an interaction with two officers who were courteous and cool. They didn't bat an eye that I was carrying. So if those two officers are on here and read this...thanks for being a decent example of law enforcement. :)

And thanks Sparky2 for bailing me out...err...winching me out.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool, good to hear. I've recently been pulled over a couple times by guys who didn't bat an eye. One just continued on like he didn't even hear me... the other thanked me for carrying, and said how he hates it when people notify him but aren't even carrying a gun... no good if you don't have it. Until we can get this BS notification and/or licensure law repealed, at least we have a lot of cops who are cool about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom