A new firearms freedom act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking that since our outgoing gov. Henry is vetoing bills left and right, perhaps we should add to the recently defeated firearms freedom act. Really the main thing I would like to see added is language similar to MOs carry law. Their law spells out all the places you can not carry and then at the end states,

"Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense. If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars and his or her endorsement to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year. If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry endorsement revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry endorsement for a period of three years.

Basically you can carry anywhere you please including bars, school, hospitals, sporting events, etc. and you are protected against criminal charges. All they can do is ask you to leave. I believe OK law is too vague in this area in regards to business and flatly bans carry in other places. In many cases a CCW holder has gone through a more extensive background check than any employee that is working there.

I really think we should press our Reps. in the legislature to add to this bill and then send it to a most likely more friendly governor. The reason I think it should be added to the existing bill is that it has already passed the legislature and would have a better chance of succeeding than if the bill were to be proposed on its own. I would imagine if we could get just a few reps. like Brogdon on board with this, we would stand a great chance of success and our law would be much simpler to comply with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom