A Scam Going Around

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the scum bags cpme omn to shake me down, I will always ask them a question that I know abou tthe person they are fraudulently playing. As in false wife's name, where she's from, school she attended etc.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You folks answer any calls?
Why if they are not contacts?
There are settings on iPhone to stop that
Because I don't trust any automated service. And failing to answer calls from people I don't know would have sometimes severe consequences for my wifes healthcare. They only go into contacts when I find out who they are, after all!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call a doctor's office or run a business? The calls don't always come to you from a number on file. The scammers spoof numbers, they have a ridiculous amount of numbers they outpulse using VOIP. The FCC and cellular/telephone companies could stop this, they choose not to.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No name pops up, don't answer. If important, there will be a voice mail left especially if an urgent medical issue with a family member. That's my approach and no dealing with the scammers even though it can be entertaining at times. Get on youtube and look for a guy who goes by perogi who reverse scams the scammers. Pretty funny.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandson loves when I get spam calls. He is learning how to deal with them and thinks it is hilarious.

If I'm in a particular mood, I'll ask if they are nekkid? Do they have nekkid pics? Do they want some?
The guys, I ask if they prefer camels, goats or their mom? Usually sparks a loud tirade. One told me he had never seen a camel. "Oh, how is goat sex?" He laughed, then hung up.
A black woman called once for Advantage. She kept pushing, would not shut up. Finally I say, "I call the Prince of Darkness to curse you, may your days be filled with misfortune." She screams, started crying and me begs me not to that. I hung up on her. The next morning, she called back, crying. Says she had flat, going home. Sitting on the side of road, her car got hit. She got home and her cat was dead. I asked if she needed insurance and hung up.

The Advantage calls really torque me. I started acting interested and asked the company. Have them mail me all info. (printing and mailing cost) They usually include a postage paid envelope, which I mail back. (Post Office needs the money)
I write on the forms, "IF I am ever interested in your RIPOFF SCAM, I will contact you, which will never happen. I have filed a complaint with State Insurance Board, my Congressman and Senator.
Then, go to their website page and Fascist Book page and leave a crap review. Those haven't called back.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are people, Oklahomans in particular, afraid to answer the phone?
Seriously it is frustrating and baffling to me.

Sure there are spam calls. Answer it then hang up. What's the big deal?
I have an out of state phone number that I got years ago when I lived in another state.
When I call folks in OK, folks on this board sometimes, I get sent straight to voicemail.
Even small businesses will ignore my calls.

Why would someone publish their phone number for the world to see for their business - then ignore potential customers?

Here's why you shouldn't be afraid to answer the phone. Some day that strange area code on your caller ID may be a loved one in need.

Happened to me.
One evening my phone rang, weird out of state number. I answered it and a lady I've never met said she was with my son on the side of I44. He had been in a motorcycle crash. His phone was no good but he had my number memorized and was able to contact me. Thank God he wasn't badly hurt and glad I hadn't ignored that call and was able to go get him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom