A trip to my woods!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having not seen it, but from your description, a cabin on the entry point would be perfect, and a small bridge built with some pressure treated lumber to get a vehicle across is really do-able, and not terribly expensive.
Again, you have a nice property to get away to:D

recon3117

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
MYMonkey,

Thats a good looking acreage, I still have a place to hunt in Hughes County and the small creek that runs thru it is called Fish Creek and the large creek is called Greasy Creek. Good luck with your endeavor.

Eddie

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would the picture of the highway be 270 between Holdenville and Wewoka? I grew up in Sasakwa and all your pictures bring back memories! Congrats on a very nice piece of property.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Denis! Thanks again all for the replys. I was hoping to get input from the more experienced members here on how to approach this project. I have never been hunting. Aside from being a kid with a .22 and shooting everything that moves. :teehee: Bit nervous at the idea of hunting but figure I need to do it if just to learn how. Just in case eh?

Post some pics of what you get on that game cam if you can..

I sure will! I have watched the thread on images from game cameras and often wished I had my own. Maybe something will pop in.

Would the picture of the highway be 270 between Holdenville and Wewoka? I grew up in Sasakwa and all your pictures bring back memories! Congrats on a very nice piece of property.

No. It is hwy 9 actually. Just East of Dustin, OK! The land is just West of Dustin and North of hwy 9. Not to bad of a trip actually.

Having not seen it, but from your description, a cabin on the entry point would be perfect, and a small bridge built with some pressure treated lumber to get a vehicle across is really do-able, and not terribly expensive.
Again, you have a nice property to get away to:D

I thought about a bridge but had no idea I could do one that a vehicle could make use of. Hmm... Gets me to thinking. Thanks again all.
:sunbath:

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks! A beaver is destroying my creek. Just one month ago there were trees here. Some good sized ones. They have started to block off the creek flow on one end as well. Not good!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_Beaver.jpg

Any idea how to go about catching this thing? Will a beaver go into a box trap? Or, whatever they call the traps they have to walk into? Are they nocturnal? I looked at the big spring traps and they spook the tar out of me.

Anyone want to help eradicate these beavers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom