A trip to my woods!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a really nice place there! is that just a pool of water in the one pic, or is it part of a stream?
If you have beaver, better get them out of there. The little stobbs they leave sticking out of the ground, will go through a tire like a hot knife.

Looks like you have the three elements for a good hunting spot. Food(acorns), water, and cover. Good luck:D

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a really nice place there! is that just a pool of water in the one pic, or is it part of a stream?
If you have beaver, better get them out of there. The little stobbs they leave sticking out of the ground, will go through a tire like a hot knife.

Looks like you have the three elements for a good hunting spot. Food(acorns), water, and cover. Good luck:D

Small stream or creek. I forgot the name of it but it does have a name. Holds water most of the year outside of a drought. Here is another shot. The ducks hang out here:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_141.jpg

I really like this section because of the large flat area of tall trees. Very cool forest feel.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_133.jpg

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be building me a small cabin near the creek, just for that occasional "I need to get the hell away from people" weekend. I have 88 acres in MO that I would be doing so if I had a little more time, and it already has an old cabin place from the 30's that would provide a level building spot, as well as a spring house.

I envy you your closeness to your acreage.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect location for a climbing stand and a bow

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_133.jpg

You mean I have to climb the tree? :doh:

Mind me asking how much you paid for that awesome piece of property?

Not at all. I don't recall the exact number but agreement was for around $20,000. Seller financed deal but I will have it paid off quickly with no penalty.

You should lease me that 1 acre right in the middle of the oak trees. I promise to stay off the other 19....

I can do that, at a reasonable rate. However, you must pay a usage fee to reach the one acre. That usage fee will be steep. :hithead: LOL

I was thinking that exact thing.

I'd be building me a small cabin near the creek, just for that occasional "I need to get the hell away from people" weekend. I have 88 acres in MO that I would be doing so if I had a little more time, and it already has an old cabin place from the 30's that would provide a level building spot, as well as a spring house.

I envy you your closeness to your acreage.

And I thought it was too far away! I really want to add a cabin too. Or something. Problem is that the very cool wooded area is on the other side of the creek from where the road enters the property. No way to get a vehicle over there that I can see. Although, the flat clearing where you see me parked is nice and level as well. Would suffice I suppose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom