A very trusting deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hate to see her so thin. i bet that was a once in a life time experience. we were at a tourist attractions in CO one time, Royal Gorge, and when we went back to our car, there were a couple hanging around for food, came right up to us and also stuck their nose in the car - but they were use to getting handouts.

you encountered a completely wild deer i suppose.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, fess up. You blew her momma away last gun season and took her in and raised her as a pet when she still had spots, right? :ugh2:

That's the damndest thing I've ever seen in my entire life! :ooh2:

With ears like that, she's gotta be a mule.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you encountered a completely wild deer i suppose.
I'm no expert, but I do think she was completely wild. I can't imagine her being a released pet or used to being fed, there's just not enough people out there.

With ears like that, she's gotta be a mule.
Definitely mule deer. You can tell by the tail and the hilariously over sized ears.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes a mulie, awesome pics and video. She would fit right it with those labs, you're the one who found the labs there right?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least being a mule deer doe, she shouldn't be shot during season, if she makes it that long. Looks like she needs to find a irrigated alfalfa field. That is some nice pictures and video!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
264 that's just awesome! Been there a bunch of times and I really love it out there, I don't know why. Hope that girl finds some good browse soon, she looked pretty stressed and I suspect that's part of why she did that. Is there any water in the lake?

I thought I heard they tore down all the park buildings and stuff. Did they? That was what made it so cool there, it was kind of like what one would think it would be after the zombies take over.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool stuff. We had one come up to us like that when we were kids and were walking the Salt Plains nature hike. I suspect she had seen enough people around there that she got to trusting them.

I really like your truck. Yellow rules.

Latest posts

Top Bottom