A very trusting deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
264 that's just awesome! Been there a bunch of times and I really love it out there, I don't know why. Hope that girl finds some good browse soon, she looked pretty stressed and I suspect that's part of why she did that. Is there any water in the lake?

I thought I heard they tore down all the park buildings and stuff. Did they? That was what made it so cool there, it was kind of like what one would think it would be after the zombies take over.

The only water I know of is a little pond on the other side of the damn, but the entire lake area is bone dry. All the buildings taken down a few years ago. The only things left are the picnic benches and the office building by the damn.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL mulies are stupid. Grew up chasing mule deer. Way easier to kill than white tail.

Yeah. From my experience mulies are dumb.... had multiple does stand in the field and we could drive up to within 40 yards or so before they'd run back 20 yards and stop. She looked small too, not just thin, but small. she a young'n or am I way off base? I grew up in Guymon so have been to Optima several times. Never had a cool experience like that. Only thing I had was a huge bull snake get stepped on by me.

As for her being a mulie and being safe. That ain't true. You can shoot the does with a bow, correct? She get that close to someone's stand at the WMA, and I bet someone will start bragging how they were so great they were able to get her to within 2 yards of the tree.

I absolutely love the pic with your gun setting on her though. That's a fantastic picture. It seems like it could be an advertisement photo for some random whatcha thingy in a hunting magazine.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, fess up. You blew her momma away last gun season and took her in and raised her as a pet when she still had spots, right? :ugh2:

That's the damndest thing I've ever seen in my entire life! :ooh2:

With ears like that, she's gotta be a mule.

That's exactly what happened here.
i24.photobucket.com_albums_c46_Jilliams_FirePics001.jpg

i24.photobucket.com_albums_c46_Jilliams_FirePics003.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom