Advice for a Gun Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoov's right you should at least get something. Even a residential security container will stop the average Moe doing a snatch and grab looking for laptops/iPads/electronics. Someone close to me was broken into, the fairly cheap safe only had a superficial damage because the perp spent almost no time on it and wasn't there to break into a safe. People with knowledge and tools are going to get in if they want to.

Last edited:

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the weakest point on any safe is the bottom so bolt is down, also if you can put it in a corner or a closet that restricts access to it and makes it harder to get inside. Some of the best I have seen were converted Pepsi machine and a Refrigerator with a beer tap on the front sometimes right out in the open is the best hiding place.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a liberty safe and a happy with it.....but I bought mine when they were still reasonably priced. I recently took a tour of Bear Safes right here in good old Okc and was very impressed with the construction. It's amazing how different they look with the inside covers taken off....as I am also approaching critical mass for a new,bigger safe, Bear is the way i am going.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Armor vault or bear. Both are local and have good reputations and trade ins. Ask them. Try that with other safe manufacturers. That beige said the liberty is nice. If $$$ is the problem, and you have nothing, look at the Winchester. They are a champion that is upgraded. Tractor supply runs a sale once in a while, like black Friday. After installing several safes, the Winchester was the only one that impressed me for a cheap safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom