Airport Screening Abuse Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I heard Neal Boortz's experience that he had last week, he has titanium in his knee, been there for a while, it sets off the metal detector. Previously they would just pull him aside and use the wand and he was good to go. These days they don't use the wand anymore so they had to feel every inch his body, the reason they dont' use the wand is just a big joke. I won't fly anywhere anymore either, there are enough places to still see without flying.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still say just hand everybody in line a tasty BLT. If you refuse the BLT, you are taken aside for a strip and cavity search. The rest of us sane people will be enjoying our BLT and immediately allowed to board. Travelers will not mind lines or even delays, thanks to bacon. Bacon could be an essential tool in the war on terror.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even on a private plane?

I'm not sure at the moment. I remember the locked container statute, but I don't have the time right now to look up how far those regulations apply.

Just when did we bail out the airlines? CB

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=107_cong_bills&docid=f:h2926enr.txt.pdf

$5B in cold hard cash
$10B in loan guarantees (only a little over $1B were approved)

Guess what this had in common with the auto bailouts? See Section 102(d)(2) of the above reference bill.

GOVERNMENT PARTICIPATION IN GAINS.—To the extent to which any participating corporation accepts financial assistance, in the form of accepting the proceeds of any loans guaranteed by the Government under this title, the Board is authorized to enter into contracts under which the Government, contingent on the financial success of the participating corporation, would participate in the gains of the participating corporation or its security holders through the use of such instruments as warrants, stock options, common or preferred stock, or other appropriate equity instruments.​

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem is our big-ass government forcing their way into private industry such as the airlines all for our "safety." The road to hell is paved with "good-intentions."

This is just another abuse of authority to make us more obedient. I thought there needed to be a reason for my person to be searched? Oh wait, the Constitution did say that there didn't need to be reason to be searched when flying. :D

Regardless of whether a person or a machine does it, you're still being searched without probable cause (by the government no less who is to adhere to Constitutional law, right? Right.)

It's complete BS but I'm finding many "Conservative" types like it. Privacy and rule of law be damned.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After every NBA game the players, coaches and crew traveling with the team go through TSA screening before they leave the arena. They all fly private of course, and all get screened. After they get on the bus they go straight to the plane.

If you had to fly regularly as part of your job you would get real sick of this crap fast. TSA is a joke ad does not make us any safer.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people are so upset with the policy they should take a bus...or drive...I get so sick and tired of people saying, "this is a violation of my rights...." bla...bla...bla...show me where it says in the Constitution that you have the right to fly and not be screened. You will look a lifetime and never find it because its not a right it is a choice...if you don't like it don't fly take a diffrent mode of transportation.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If people are so upset with the policy they should take a bus...or drive...I get so sick and tired of people saying, "this is a violation of my rights...." bla...bla...bla...show me where it says in the Constitution that you have the right to fly and not be screened. You will look a lifetime and never find it because its not a right it is a choice...if you don't like it don't fly take a diffrent mode of transportation.

Hilarious post, thanks for the chuckle. :D

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And if you had to go through the same screening to take a bus?

Here's my beef: government screening of those using the services of a private corporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom