AK or AR pistol Open Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR and AK calibers are both within statute, the overall length of it could be a question.

I agree that carrying anything for shock value or to cause a stir is not a good idea and not a help to our hobby.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OP didnt mention he was considering doing this if in fact it were legal. Maybe he saw it somewhere else (I have) and just wondered if it was legal here.

Well at least one person understands. Like I said, I don't even own an AR or AK pistol. I just wanted to know if it was legal and I just hadn't heard about it. I've seen it in other states and simply wanted to know if people might be doing it here. A guy I'm aquainted with on another board has carried his AR pistol (with shoulder sling) right into his state capitol building. He was carring it for the sole purpose of demonstrating that people that open carry are normal, classy and shouldnt be villified.

For the record, I don't plan to open carry at all unless I'm hiking on private property or hunting. I personally think a dirty, unkempt, white trash guy carrying a big, gaudy, large caliber pistol in a holster hurts the public opinion of gun owners more than a clean-cut guy in slacks and a dress shirt carrying an AR-15 pistol.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to be clear on my earlier statemnt, I personally wouldn't carry one due to the fact that it would not be comfortable or practical (for me). What others do is their business and as long as they do so in a safe and rspectable manner.

IIR that's kinda how a right/freedom works I think??

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer is no on a standard type AR pistol.

The overall length on an AR pistol is too long to be legal for carry at 23" give or take??.

I don't know how long the AK would be but it probably has the same issue.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The answer is no on a standard type AR pistol.

The overall length on an AR pistol is too long to be legal for carry at 23" give or take??.

I don't know how long the AK would be but it probably has the same issue.

Mini Draco is legal length, but the regular Draco is 23"

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I'm aquainted with on another board has carried his AR pistol (with shoulder sling) right into his state capitol building. He was carring it for the sole purpose of demonstrating that people that open carry are normal, classy and shouldnt be villified.

Fail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom