Ak Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question about an ak and was wondering if some fellow OSA members could help me out. I have been doing some research on an Egyptian Maadi ARM it sounds like its really good ak to buy. But my question is what should it be worth? I dont want to overpay i just would like to know what a good solid price is for it. Thanks

Bullseye11

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't have the thumbhole but more of the red wood stock like you would see on a aresenal or kinda like the russian red stock. Is 750 a ridiculous price for it? The stock is in excellent condition like new i should mention.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$750 might not be too bad if it has an egyptian receiver.
if its an american made receiver $450-500 probably

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were in the market for an AK, a Maadi would be on my short list. However, as of today, $750 for and Egyptian seems to be at the very top of the range in my thinking. If I were buying, I would go to the bigger gun shows and seek out a Maadi, Mak, NHM or 56 and try to get it for around $400-600. If you pay $750, it should be with the idea of keeping it for a very long time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$750 might not be too bad if it has an egyptian receiver.
if its an american made receiver $450-500 probably

Let me clarify. It must have maadi receiver, must have bayonet lug, removable flash hider and egyptian laminated wood stocks to be worth the $750. Basically a preban collectable gun.

With an american receiver, no bayonet lug and a tackwelded flash hider that has been cut loose and unknown furniture. It is no different than the thousands of other $400-500 kit guns floating around out there.

Oh, and if its a real maadi it will be finished in cheap high gloss black paint over the bluing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom