All steel 9mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My very favorite "all steel" 9mm, which also happens to be my very favorite 9mm pistol of any make, model or material is without a shadow of a doubt, the Smith & Wesson 5906. It's not a 5 incher, but it feels better than any other 9mm pistola out there.

My instructor carries one of those, I have been thinking about one of that style in .40 are they worth the money?

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A SIG P226 X5 in all stainless, is not in the same league as the P210, but meets all your specified criteria at a much more reasonable price. I have the All-round style which is DA/SA, most of them you will see are the SAO which is nice as well.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll throw out the EAA/Tanfoglio Witness.

Some people claim to have issues with them, but mines been great. It has a great feel and is one of the smoothest actions I've felt excepting a 1911. Plus, if it's just going to be a fun/range gun, they are pretty affordable.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is the S&W 5946 trigger? Is it Beretta DAO/Revolver like or more modern DAO type?
I'd like to find a beater for a good price and get it bead blasted if the trigger is decent.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My instructor carries one of those, I have been thinking about one of that style in .40 are they worth the money?

You talkin' about the 4006? Absolutely! They feel so awesome in the hand. Now you gotta understand...the 4006 is an ALL STAINLESS STEEL pistol. It's gonna be a touch heavier than the Glock.

But when you fire that thing, you're gonna flip out when instead of that snappy kick you're used to from the G23, turns into a gentle "push" from that 4006. :woohoo1:

Bottom line. If I had an extra four bills burning a hole in my pocket and was in search of a good bottom feeder, the 5906 or 4006 would be at the top of my list. :thumb:

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My all steel CZ75 .40 barely has a kick so the 9m/m should be a ***** cat, and I think the barrel is about 4-3/4". A 1911 needs to be a .45, regardless of barrel length....that's just me. A Browning HP might be nice but I would highly recommend tha CZ-75.

Latest posts

Top Bottom