Another day of OC Carnage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most people chose to CC cause they realized OC in public just looks retarded. Kinda like saggy pants, backwards hats and sunglasses on your forehead. That's what happened.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I think most people chose to CC cause they realized OC in public just looks retarded. Kinda like saggy pants, backwards hats and sunglasses on your forehead. That's what happened.

Somehow I doubt the above post.

His assertion would make all police retarded. Which I don't think is true.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait... nothing in the news, no daily blood in the street, haven't seen anyone OC in a couple of months. What gives???

Maybe it IS true that sitting through a class, paying money and an OSBI background check tends to select for those that tend to make reasonable choices, carry safely and choose CC over OC most, if not all of the time?

(Not a dig on OC, just an observation that OC is rare at best, compared to the number of licenses currently held)

Yawn....

I said it another similar thread. Of all the people that have handgun licenses less than 50% carry on an everyday or even regular basis. Of that an even smaller number of people OC on a regular basis. After a quick internet search it looks like less than 1% (about 0.5%) of the population has a handgun license. Less than that carry regularly, and even fewer OC. So you can see why not that many people have seen people OC.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also funny how most CC over OC people on here are the first to say how horrible OC is for whatever reason then they talk about how they just throw a shirt on over their gun and dont care if it prints or shows. To me that kind of defeats the purpose of trying to CC.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His assertion would make all police retarded. Which I don't think is true.
I think he was saying, with a semi-poor choice of phrasing, that he suspects that a lot of people don't OC because they think wearing a gun on your hip w/o a real need looks dumb, or is unnecessary. I won't say I think it looks dumb, but I don't plan on doing it because of the extra attention it will/might draw and I don't feel the need. I'm not a style queen and I'll wear some fugly stuff if the trade of style for function/practicality is worth it. I don't think it's necessary for most of us. OC is a must for most cops because it's not practical to CC. The gun is part of the uniform, basically. For Joe Schmoe, it's more practical in many cases to tuck a smaller gun in his pants and press on. Cops, due to their jobs, have a greater need for fast access to a gun. Joe probably works in an office, doesn't knock on tinted windows on the side of the highway and will probably never have a need for the fastest access.

Now, notice my post is full of 'feel the need' and other opinion based phrasing. I never said YOU shouldn't OC and YOU don't have a need to OC. That's not my place. If I was walking through Detroit or New Orleans, I'd probably want to OC...probably with 2 pistols and a shot gun. I'd probably do it when hiking in an area where critters are large, hungry and numerous too. I'd want a larger gun than I'd feel I'd need for walking down Reno and it's easier to OC at that point. If you feel the need or want to OC, fine my me. The same goes for people who feel the need to wear bright shirts, skinny jeans, or Harley gear. I don't want to, I can understand why many people don't want to, but you can and I'm not going to look down on you for it (well...maybe the skinny jeans). I think, or at least hope, that was the opinion yukonjack was trying to get across.

Latest posts

Top Bottom