Another Kydex project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is impressive work. I wish I had the patience to attempt it.
Thanks!
The holster took some extra time. the mag holders never take more than 30 minutes, but the holster, being my first and no template to work from, took me a couple of hours.
I could probably pare down the time once I get comfortable with it. It'll still take an hour or so per holster. but it's fun trying to figure out how things will work and fit together.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I could probably come up with something. I was thinking about the best way to do it. I figure it out and fab something up and see how you like it.

I owe BadgerLB a template and proof of concept on a M&P9. I did something up based on dimensions, but it didn't feel right. So i'm borrowing a mag from a buddy to put something together. he's first, then I'll work on the double for you.

I'm in no rush. Whenever you get around to it just send me a pm and we'll go from there.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the finished holster. I went ahead and cleaned up and finished the edges to pretty it up. i also made an adjustable 2011 mag holder.

ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_2010_10_12213717.jpg

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice rig man. I couldn't find the fasteners you used to thread the screws into so I used some three pronged type nut fastener. The end product of these kydex holsters are great but I seem to make one hell of a mess cutting and sanding with a dermal.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if you get a better deal on it or not, but is a place outside of guthrie that has 12 x 12 sheets for like $3.00 each, and knifekits.com has it $1.00 cheaper for the .93

I will try to get the name of the place that has it for $3.00 if you want
NorthCoast was where I got the first batch. I used knifekits to order some multi color.
I'm working with a kydex rep to set up an account now.

thanks.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, when you are ready to start doing outside work, both GC and I are wanting holsters for multiple guns and mag holders. Whenever it is convenient for you ... thanks man!!

For those of you who have only seen pics of Jeff's work, I have seen (and played with) the finished product upclose and personal. Whatever Jeff is charging is a good deal ... We have several holsters from this, that or the other manufacturer, including my custom offset holster for USPSA and Jeff's work is top-notch.

I am looking forward to a whole new set of gear!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom