Any cat experts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kitty has become an old lady I guess...she's around 15 or 16 years old and I noticed she wasnt eating as much and seems to have lost some weight (she's always been a bit on the chunky side...but I digress). I got some wet food for her today and mixed it with her regular food and she seemed to take to it pretty well, so I think this may be the new regimen.

My question is: how much food do older cats need? She's always just had a full bowl and ate accordingly...but I dont think thats a good idea with wet food so I'm thinking I'll put "half" out in the morning and half when I get home from work. I have no idea how much to put out...any ideas?

(Making it legal...here she is "helping" me prepare for the ENS I went to last year)

20376030_1611296415582248_2850647395499172905_n.jpg

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, its an old age thing. Cats, dogs and even people start losing their sense of taste and smell and begin losing interest with their plain food. I am going through the same with my dog. He is needing a little extra flavor to peak his interest

She still seems interested in guns though :D

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cat is pushing 18. At that age they are pushing it. Call your vet. Time for a geriatric visit. Could be a dental issue too.
BTW, do you need any help carrying that stuff to the range? :)

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take her to the vet and have her kidneys and teeth checked. Lost one cat this year to kidney function loss and my other lost most of his teeth and can only eat soft food now (which he demands about every two hours). Both of them showed the same signs, lack of appetite, weight loss, though it was more pronounced in my female (lost close to 6 lbs in 3 months).

Latest posts

Top Bottom