Any cat experts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been in my head trying to figure out if I'll get another one after she's gone...and only thing I can think is the 15 years of good outweigh the sadness at the end.

Our cats are 20 now, I think. One still goes out every night but the other one hasn't left the bedroom in several weeks. Both are healthy, just old and sleep most of the time. God help us if we let their food bowl get low. Lol They will both raise all kinds od racket to let you know you have failed in your ONLY job as far as they are concerned. Same thing with the water bowl. It had better be full and fresh. I wanna be a critter in this house when I come back in another life. Ha!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. We were actually without any pets for a stretch of fourteen years before I finally caved.

Man ... That's quite a while. I don't think I can remember a time I didn't have a pet of some kind. Hell, I even had fish in the aquarium that would eat out of my hand. I'm such a damned weirdo. Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. We were actually without any pets for a stretch of fourteen years before I finally caved.
I've had dogs all of my life, and my wife is a helicopter mom for the two we have now. Since we are both retired now and getting into the RV life, it's difficult travelling with geriatric dogs. They do require a certain level of care that becomes more difficult when your travelling.
Ain't saying never again, but when these two go on to hunt pheasant and quail everyday, we don't have plans to replace them with any pets.
Finding places to board them so we can do day excursions that are reputable isn't easy and it danged sure isn't cheap.
Helicopter mom has a two page list of how they need to be treated, medicine given, and their personal beds, etc to be used.
Like Annie, when I die and come back, I want to be my wife's dog, not her husband.
I have to make my own eggs and fried taters in the morning. Dogs don't.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man ... That's quite a while. I don't think I can remember a time I didn't have a pet of some kind. Hell, I even had fish in the aquarium that would eat out of my hand. I'm such a damned weirdo. Lol

Yes, that was a very long time! The wife and I both had always had pets of one sort or another since we were kids. I think when we had to put our Golden Retriever down it was so hard on us that neither one of us even wanted to think about getting another dog for a while. And, now, here we are again, with a wonderful 8-year-old Beagle mix and I'm already dreading the day ...

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got her weighed on Sunday (8 days after the initial visit) and her weight was unchanged.
Took 4 days to get her meds that are supposed to amplify appetite, and it appears to be working. She's probably not eating quite enough but she is eating, and its food designed for her current needs.

Ironically, went to go get another bag of it today and Petsmart was out of stock. A place named Southern Agriculture had it, they were 3/4 of a mile away.

6.6# bag
Petsmart: $52
Southern Ag: $34

Is it just me, or is that a crazy price difference? Kinda glad that Petsmart was out of stock....or I would have never known.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Southern Ag is one of the better pet supplies outlets in town. They have really affordable vaccination clinics as well. Been using them for a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom