Any interest in another bug out bag review?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I added a SD card, jump drive, cell phone charger, usb adapter, weather radio and a life straw. Thanks guys n gals.

Next meeting ill bring a "possibles" bag with some stuff a mountain man may have carried.

Also picked up another door prize.....prolly not as cool as the last one but cool none the less.

Thanks to the last door prize, all I have heard eyecyou talk about this week is different ideas and things he wants to do with the one he won.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aight, sorry it took so long. For Lurker66 and Somecallmemom:

Disappearing Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 cups of mayo (for the love of taste buds don't use miracle whip)
- shredded cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- hot sauce (I prefer Louisiana)
- lemon juice
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Ranch dressing

ok I use a wok style skillet to cook this all in
- cube, cook, n drain your chicken (if you'll put some lemon juice on the chicken while its still raw it gives a lil extra "pop")
- return to pan and coat with your hot sauce (to taste, I use a lot)
- mix in the mayo, cream cheese, shredded cheese and Ranch dressing mix
- Put it all in an oven safe dish n cook on 350F for, eh about 10 minutes (Its done when the top looks kinda hard n the cheese is bubblin)
- pull it out n pour Ranch dressing on top
THATS IT!!!!!!!

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the cigar fishing kit I was talking about with you guys for the BOB:
http://survivalsherpa.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/diy-preparedness-cigar-survival-fishing-kit/

Hubby picked up a cheap one that has an aluminum canister with a screw top. I think the brand is Romeo & Juliet maybe?
I used 50 feet of monofil 15 pound secured to the outside with duct tape & wound around. My bobber is a foam earplug that I then use to secure the hook from stabbing me when searching through my bag. Inside, I have a baggie with an extra hook, extra line, extra sinker, matches & knife. For bait, I figured I would just use worms. More duct tape in case I needed extra is wound around the top.

Survival Sherpa does a good job explaining it with video if you so desire. I like the aluminum because I could potentially boil water in it if needed. If hubby gets busy smoking them up, I'll make them as christmas gifts for some of my family members.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is the cigar fishing kit I was talking about with you guys for the BOB:
http://survivalsherpa.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/diy-preparedness-cigar-survival-fishing-kit/

Hubby picked up a cheap one that has an aluminum canister with a screw top. I think the brand is Romeo & Juliet maybe?
I used 50 feet of monofil 15 pound secured to the outside with duct tape & wound around. My bobber is a foam earplug that I then use to secure the hook from stabbing me when searching through my bag. Inside, I have a baggie with an extra hook, extra line, extra sinker, matches & knife. For bait, I figured I would just use worms. More duct tape in case I needed extra is wound around the top.

Survival Sherpa does a good job explaining it with video if you so desire. I like the aluminum because I could potentially boil water in it if needed. If hubby gets busy smoking them up, I'll make them as christmas gifts for some of my family members.

Thems pretty good cigars btw lol. Ive made up several lil fishin kits over the years. I typically use lighter mono, 6 or 8 pound test. ....small enough for sutures. Also read about the braided lines, Spider wire type fishing line. Small diameter, heavy poundage. 12lb test diameter, 30lb test strength. And its very supple. Also can be used for sewing and snares.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright here goes nothing. Crappy phone pics and poor lighting.

This was created one night when was cleaning the garage. I keep these little containers and use them for small parts and tools to even ammo (great for .22 when hunting)

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_31_tasygy4y.jpg

3M electrical tape container. This tape, 33+, is also some of the best out there I recomend it but still keep the cheaper stuff around.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_31_ma4ydene.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_31_gebemapa.jpg

With the fishing stuff in it. I seal it up with the mentioned 3M tape to keep stuff dry

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_31_aza6urus.jpg

Contains split shots, assorted hooks organized on safety pins, a decent amount of 15 or 20# mono (like 30+feet), and then filled it with tarred bankline/trot line string.

Some of the biggest sized hooks have larger eyes to accommodate they bank line so I could make some make shift limb lines, trot lines or throw lines. I keep more of that string around its useful.

Plan on adding a couple larger sinkers, maybe a razor blade, and really like the idea of ear plug for a bobber (always thought a stick or something would work)

The container measured roughly 3 1/2" x 7/8"

I stick this in my hunting/bummin around the woods bag that would be poor excuse for a bob

Latest posts

Top Bottom