Any opinions or experience with CZ 75 Compact .40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a CZ 75 Compact in .40 S&W that he bought a few months ago from one of his friends. He isnt really a gun type of guy, so when he first got it, I told him to give me dibs if he ever decided to sell it. Yesterday he texted me and is ready to sell it to me now for $300. I cant really find to much about it online anywhere and the czusa website shows that particular model to be discontinued. Just thought Id check on here and see if anyone has any personal experience with this gun.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got two CZ-75's. Both are very accurate and reliable pistols. Never shot a CZ-75 Compact but a friend has a CZ P01 that I have shot that if not compact is similar albeit a tad larger than a compact. It too is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Soooo...
IMO - for $300 you should jump on it. CZ's provide a huge amount of bang for the buck. They are one of the undiscovered firearm gems availlable to gun guys in the USA. I've never understood why they don't sell better here than they do.

Edited to add: Don't know how familiar you are with .40S&W but just in case you're not - all that familiar that is - it is a very snappy and hard recoil cartridge. In a light weight package it can be a handful especially if one is recoil sensitive. In a full size CZ-75B the felt recoil is (my perception) harder than that of a full sized 1911.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the info. i havent ever shot a .40 cal pistol, only 9mm and .45. from the little info i could find on this gun said that its a pretty solid gun, all steel i think, so it manages the recoil well due to its weight. im going to try and get it this weekend, maybe tomorrow. he is also throwing in 200rds of ammo as well. bad thing is my rear door window on my dodge nitro got busted out, so thats gonna set me back $120. kinda put a dent in my plan to get the gun this weekend. im still workin on it though. i think the boss, aka my wife, is going to give me the green light still. lol. i hope! hahaha.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
picked it up today. it looks pretty nice. got 200rds of ammo with it as well, so ill probably go shoot it tomorrow and see how it does. pretty pumped to finally have a pistol again. sold my xd9 a few years ago and havent had a pistol since then. heres a pic of it.

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_CZ75.jpg

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^
Looks like it has CZ's polycoat finish. That's a tough and very durable finish. Nice looking CZ and very similar to the PO1. Let us know how it shoots.

OH. And FWIW - CZ's really like the Sellier & Beloit brand of ammo.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just got back from shooting. it does have more recoil than i expected. im not much of a pistol shooter. these shots were at 20 yards just resting on the seat of my 3wheeler and a few without resting on the seat. seems like the shots that i tried to take my time with were all low and to the right. the ones closer to the center i aimed up and to the left. like i said, im not much of a pistol shooter, so it could just be me not being use to the gun.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom