Any other members of Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After years of waiting I am happy to say I'm finally a member out a Oil Capital. Any other members here that I could ask questions? They don't seem to have a new member orientation and I've got questions.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd really like to be a member too but I'm not waiting til I'm 40 to be a member. I want to be a member there now because I live close to it. I probably wont by the time my number is up.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After years of waiting I am happy to say I'm finally a member out a Oil Capital. Any other members here that I could ask questions? They don't seem to have a new member orientation and I've got questions.

Oil Capital provides new members considerable information, to include range rules, "how to use the club", etc. There is a hands-on orientation required (and available) to those wish to individually use the electric skeet & trap fields. I PM'd Group Guy yesterday to offer to answer his questions not covered by the available information.

Oil Capital's "wait list" is continuing to shorten, as memberships become available to offer to those on the list. At this point, the wait list remains closed to new additions.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my questions are:
1) Is there a way to get access to the green buildings where supplies are located or are there only certain members who have access? I have a big reactive steel target tree that I would love to have out there but don't want to leave it out in the elements.
2) I see lots of steel bases laying around but do I need to bring my own lumber to be able to staple targets to?
3) There used to be a plinking range with little steel targets for airgun and .22 but I don't see it there. Is there a different range for that or are they gone?
4) Is there a reloading area? I have a Dillon 650 that I could make available if there's a place for it.

Any direction from members would be appreciated.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my questions are:
1) Is there a way to get access to the green buildings where supplies are located or are there only certain members who have access? I have a big reactive steel target tree that I would love to have out there but don't want to leave it out in the elements.
2) I see lots of steel bases laying around but do I need to bring my own lumber to be able to staple targets to?
3) There used to be a plinking range with little steel targets for airgun and .22 but I don't see it there. Is there a different range for that or are they gone?
4) Is there a reloading area? I have a Dillon 650 that I could make available if there's a place for it.

Any direction from members would be appreciated.

1) The building mentioned has secure storage bays to club materials used in various club events. It's use is limited to club materials storage. You'll need to bring your personal targets and take them back home when you are done for the day.
2) You may bring your own 1" x 2" x 4' wood lath when you wish to utilize the metal target stands.
3) Not sure what you mean by a "plinking range". I think most of us plink on most all the ranges, at least some of the time. There is an indoor airgun program in the Main Clubhouse every Thursday evening. Lots of metal chickens, pigs, etc shot there on airgun night. See the OCRGC website or your TARGET newsletter to contact the airgun chairman.
4) For insurance reasons, there are not club loading presses available. In the new AWSB, there will be stout benches to temporarily attach your personal loading press (C-clamp) for individual member load development purposes. These benches are under construction.

Please PM with further questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom